Buoy is a web-based, AI-powered health assistant that helps people figure out what to do when they are sick. During the COVID-19 outbreak, organizations can implement a custom-configured version of Buoy that offers reliable, personalized information and recommendations based on the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
5 considerations for a digital triage solution
1REDUCE STRAIN ON HEALTHCARE RESOURCES
- Get accurate, clinically safe triage
- Prevent overutilization of telemedicine, nurselines, and other vital resources
- 80% of Buoy users concerned about COVID-19 are instructed to self-treat and self-isolate
2RELIABLY MONITOR HEALTH TRENDS
- Daily insight into utilization rates and our recommended care types
- Identify interest in care resources and click throughs to specific services
- All while meeting consumer expectations for personal data privacy
3PROVIDE SAFE, FAST ACCESS TO COVID-19 GUIDANCE AT SCALE
- Over 9 million users currently use Buoy
- Custom implementation within 72 hours of contract signature
- Updated daily by our medical team to reflect CDC guidelines
- Available in multiple languages
4TIMELY FOLLOW-UP WITH CONCERNED USERS
- Users provide their mobile phone number at the end of the interview
- Buoy follows-up with users via text message to see if their symptoms have progressed
5CUSTOM CONFIGURATION FOR YOUR POPULATION
- Co-branding with your organization’s logo
- Three custom endpoints (telemedicine, EAP, call center, etc.)
- A kit of customized communications for launching to your population
Buoy Health launched COVID-19 capabilities in early February 2020 in close coordination with the CDC. Since then,
users have presented with corona-like symptoms
(cough, fever, chills, dyspnea)
users were flagged for suspected coronavirus infection requiring timely evaluation
of users with COVID19-related concerns were identified as low risk
users specifically stated they were concerned about coronavirus
As of March 30th 2020 at 11:59PM
About Buoy Health
Buoy Health is the most widely used, and effective digital triage tool available today. Since launch in 2017, Buoy has helped over 9 million people make better choices when they are sick or injured. Founded in the Harvard Innovation Labs in 2013, Buoy has partnered with some of the biggest health plans in the U.S. Buoy works with state governments across the country, has learning partnerships with Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, and is supported by a full team of medical experts.
Buoy released its COVID-19 triage workflow on Feb 5th, 2020. This version is clinically safe and updated daily to reflect CDC guidelines.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us today to find out if digital triage can help your organization.