Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief bio. We review applications daily and will contact you within 10 days if you are selected.Apply
Open position for a Clinical Researcher
Posted on August 1, 2017 by Andrew, Adam, Eddie and Nate
About Buoy the Company
We create technology with heart for the health of every person in the world.
In this position, you will play a role in the improvement of Buoy Health’s product from a medical and patient engagement perspective. Medically, you will help look over test cases, troubleshoot questions, examine thoroughness of differential diagnoses, proofread content, and model new diagnoses. Your work is imperative to maintaining an up-to-date, reliable database and, in turn, improving our accuracy as a whole. You will also be responsible for such other duties as we may assign to you from time-to-time.
- Add and model diseases to be added to our extensive database by reviewing pertinent literature and statistical data
- Support algorithm development
- Write content for the layperson around descriptions of disease and treatment options
- Run test cases to measure internal accuracy as well as head-to-heads with competitors
- Be a resource to other Buoy Health employees on topics related to medicine
- Synthesize and convey our team’s goals to both internal and external stakeholders
- Not applying to medical school in the near term.
- Familiarity with statistics, epidemiology, academic literature review, and medical terminology.
- The successful candidate will take pride in their work, exhibit attention to detail, and be highly responsible. Additionally, the individual will be passionate about innovation in healthcare and dedicated to our mission.
About Buoy the Company
Buoy builds a free digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014. For more information, please visit our Facebook page for the latest news on Buoy.