- Your Breast Itch May Also be Known as:
- Breast scratchiness
- Breast scratching
- Breast scratchy
- Breasts itchiness
- Breasts itching
- Breasts itchy
- Breasts scratchiness
Top 2 Breast Itch Causes
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a very common condition. PMS has a variety of symptoms including cramping, mood swings, food cravings, fatigue, irritability, breast tenderness & depression.
You may recognize this diagnosis on your own due to the of the timing of your symptoms. Treatment can involve decreasing caffeine, salt and/or refined sugar, increasing exercise, and reducing stress. If symptoms become more severe, a doctor may prescribe an oral birth control pill or an anti-depressant.
- Top Symptoms:
- stomach bloating, anxiety, constipation, breast pain, depressed mood
- Symptoms that never occur with premenstrual syndrome:
- constant sadness, severe sadness
Breast Itch Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having breast itch.Take a quiz
2.Non - Specific Breast Pain
Breast pain is either related to menstruation (cyclic) or not (noncyclic). It is common in pre-menopausal women and can also be a side effect of contraceptives that contain hormones like the pill, anticonceptive injections and intra-uterine devices.
Unless the pain is unbearable or there is a lump, a doctor will likely just reassure you that things are okay. Some women are treated with Danazol if the pain is severe or persistent.
- Top Symptoms:
- breast pain, breast swelling, armpit pain
- Symptoms that always occur with non-specific breast pain:
- breast pain
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Breast Itch
- Q.How badly is your breast/pec itching?
- Q.How long ago did your breast/pec first start to itch?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our breast itch symptom checker.Take a quiz
Breast Itch Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced breast itch have also experienced:
- 8% Bloody Vaginal Discharge
- 7% Abdominal Cramps (Stomach Cramps)
- 7% Vaginal Bleeding
People who have experienced breast itch had symptoms persist for:
- 41% Less Than a Week
- 18% Over a Month
- 16% One to Two Weeks
People who have experienced breast itch were most often matched with:
- 4% Premenstrual Syndrome
- 3% Non - Specific Breast Pain