2 Potential Breast Itch Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a very common condition. PMS has a variety of symptoms including cramping, mood swings, food cravings, fatigue, irritability, breast tenderness & depression.
Symptoms of premenstrual syndrome can last all the way into menopause.
- Top Symptoms:
- stomach bloating, anxiety, constipation, depressed mood, breast pain
- Symptoms that never occur with premenstrual syndrome:
- constant sadness, severe sadness, post-menopausal
Breast Itch Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having breast itch.Take a quiz
2.Non - Specific Breast Pain
Breast pain is either related to menstruation (cyclic) or not (noncyclic). It is common in pre-menopausal women and can also be a side effect of contraceptives that contain hormones like the pill, anticonceptive injections and intra-uterine devices.
- Top Symptoms:
- breast pain, breast swelling, armpit pain
- Symptoms that always occur with non-specific breast pain:
- breast pain
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Breast Itch
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.When was your last menstrual period?
- Q.Are you sexually active?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our breast itch symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Breast Itch Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced breast itch have also experienced:
- 8% Breast Pain
- 7% Bloody Vaginal Discharge
- 4% Abdominal Cramps (Stomach Cramps)
People who have experienced breast itch had symptoms persist for:
- 34% Less Than a Week
- 25% Over a Month
- 15% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced breast itch were most often matched with:
- 6% Non - Specific Breast Pain
- 3% Premenstrual Syndrome
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).