2 Potential Chest Itch Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Chest
Allergic contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes irritated and inflamed following physical contact with an allergen. Common products known to cause allergic dermatitis include plants, metals, soap, fragrance, and cosmetics.
- Top Symptoms:
- chest redness, chest itch, scabbed area of the chest
- Symptoms that always occur with allergic contact dermatitis of the chest:
- chest redness
Chest Itch Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having chest itch.Take a quiz
Dermatofibroma (superficial benign fibrous histiocytoma) is a common cutaneous nodule of unknown etiology that occurs more often in women. Dermatofibroma frequently develops on the extremities (mostly the lower legs) and is usually asymptomatic, although pruritus and tenderness can be present
Resolves with treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- lump below the skin on the chest, skin-colored chest bump, small chest lump, non-growing chest lump, painful chest wall lump
- Symptoms that always occur with dermatofibroma:
- lump below the skin on the chest
- Symptoms that never occur with dermatofibroma:
- nipple discharge
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Chest Itch
- Q.Do you have a rash?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
- Q.Did you possibly brush into poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our chest itch symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Chest Itch Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced chest itch have also experienced:
- 8% Back Itch
- 3% Cough
- 3% Chest Redness
People who have experienced chest itch had symptoms persist for:
- 27% Over a Month
- 27% Less Than a Day
- 25% Less Than a Week
People who have experienced chest itch were most often matched with:
- 26% Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Chest
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).