- Your Ear Itch May Also be Known as:
- Ear canal itchiness
- Ear canal itching
- Ear canal itchy
- Ear canal scratchiness
- Ear canal scratching
- Ear canal scratchy
Top 2 Ear Itch Causes
1.Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Ear
Allergic contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes irritated and inflamed following physical contact with an allergen. Common products known to cause allergic dermatitis include plants, metals, soap, fragrance, and cosmetics.
You can safely treat this condition on at home. The main treatment for this disease is to avoid the substance that triggers the skin inflammation. Moisturizer can also be helpful to provide relief for your inflamed skin.
- Top Symptoms:
- ear itch, ear redness, scabbed area of the ear
- Symptoms that always occur with allergic contact dermatitis of the ear:
- ear redness
Check my ear itch symptoms
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having ear itch symptomsCheck my symptoms
Anaphylaxis is the sudden onset of breathing or heart rate changes that are caused by a whole-body allergic reaction. This can be a deadly situation.
Call 911 immediately for an ambulance. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine pen, use it. Don't do this if you have never been prescribed one!
- Top Symptoms:
- nausea or vomiting, stomach bloating, headache, abdominal cramps (stomach cramps), being severely ill
- Emergency medical service
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Ear Itch
- Q.Is your ear itchiness constant or come-and-go?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Do you have a rash?
- Q.Do you have a cough?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our ear itch symptom checker.Check my symptoms
Ear Itch Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced ear itch have also experienced:
- 6% Sore Throat
- 4% Headache
- 3% Fatigue
People who have experienced ear itch had symptoms persist for:
- 31% Less Than a Week
- 30% Over a Month
- 20% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced ear itch were most often matched with:
- 4% Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Ear