2 Potential Fainting for the First Time Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Orthostatic Syncope (Fainting)
Orthostatic syncope refers to a type of loss of consciousness caused by rapidly standing up from a sitting position, and not enough blood reaches the head. This can cause a person to pass out, but then come back to consciousness without lasting effects.
1/3 of people report experiencing similar episode within 3 years.
- Top Symptoms:
- lightheadedness, brief fainting episode, dizziness and lightheadedness before passing out, fainting after standing up, fainting for the first time
- Symptoms that always occur with orthostatic syncope (fainting):
- brief fainting episode, fainting after standing up
- Phone call or in-person visit
Fainting for the First Time Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having fainting for the first time.Take a quiz
2.Left Ventricular Noncompaction
In left ventricular noncompaction (LVNC) the lower left chamber of the heart called the left ventricle, contains bundles or pieces of muscle that extend into the chamber and develops abnormally in the uterus. As a result, the heart becomes smooth and solid instead of spongy.
This condition is considered irreversible, but detection and treatment options have advanced in recent years. In some cases, heart transplantation is an option.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, shortness of breath, racing heart beat, severe fatigue, decreased exercise tolerance
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Fainting for the First Time
- Q.If this interview is about someone else, or "myself" is selected by accident, it is very important for us not to miss this question: has the person regained consciousness?
- Q.How long were you unconscious?
- Q.Do you notice your heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly (also called palpitations)?
- Q.Did you get hit in the head?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our fainting for the first time symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Fainting for the First Time Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced fainting for the first time have also experienced:
- 21% Bloody Vaginal Discharge
- 5% Foot Pain
- 5% Ringing in the Ears
People who have experienced fainting for the first time were most often matched with:
- 5% Orthostatic Syncope (Fainting)
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).