- Your Fear of Dying May Also be Known as:
- Afraid of dying
- Afraid to die
Top 2 Fear of Dying Causes
Panic disorder is a type of anxiety disorder. It causes panic attacks, which are sudden feelings of terror without true danger. One may feel as if they are losing control or have physical symptoms like sweating or a racing heart.
You should go see your primary care doctor, who can diagnose you by interview. Most people get better with treatment. Therapy can show you how to recognize and change your thinking patterns before they lead to panic. Medication may be beneficial.
- Top Symptoms:
- nausea, anxiety, abdominal pain (stomach ache), stomach bloating, depressed mood
- Symptoms that always occur with panic disorder:
- anxiety, impaired social or occupational functioning
- Symptoms that never occur with panic disorder:
- Primary care doctor
Check my fear of dying symptoms
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having fear of dying symptomsCheck my symptoms
Cardiac tamponade is pressure on the heart that occurs when blood or fluid builds up in the space between the heart muscle (myocardium) and the outer covering sac of the heart (pericardium).
Call 911 immediately. This is a medical emergency that requires rapid diagnosis and intervention.
- Top Symptoms:
- being severely ill, fast heart rate in adults, fear of dying, restlessness
- Symptoms that always occur with cardiac tamponade:
- being severely ill
- Emergency medical service
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Fear of Dying
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
- Q.Are you feeling irritable (easily made upset)?
- Q.Are your symptoms causing difficulty at work, socializing, or spending time with friends & family?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our fear of dying symptom checker.Check my symptoms
Fear of Dying Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced fear of dying have also experienced:
- 9% Anxiety
- 3% Trouble Sleeping
- 3% Depressed Mood
People who have experienced fear of dying were most often matched with:
- 23% Panic Disorder
- 4% Cardiac Tamponade