2 Potential Mild Butt Swelling Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Butt
Allergic contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes irritated and inflamed following physical contact with an allergen. Common products known to cause allergic dermatitis include plants, metals, soap, fragrance, and cosmetics.
- Top Symptoms:
- butt itch, butt redness, scabbed area of the butt
- Symptoms that always occur with allergic contact dermatitis of the butt:
- butt redness
Mild Butt Swelling Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having mild butt swelling.Take a quiz
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and tissues underneath it. It is most commonly caused by Group A strep and typically enters the body through a break in the skin.
Dependent on severity of infection
- Top Symptoms:
- fever, butt redness, butt pain, painful butt swelling, recent buttocks injury
- Symptoms that always occur with cellulitis:
- butt redness, area of skin redness
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Mild Butt Swelling
- Q.Have you had any changes in your weight?
- Q.Do your symptoms worsen when sitting?
- Q.Where exactly around your buttocks is the swelling?
- Q.Do you have a rash?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our mild butt swelling symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Mild Butt Swelling Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced mild butt swelling have also experienced:
- 42% Butt Pain
- 14% Butt Itch
- 14% Side Pain
People who have experienced mild butt swelling had symptoms persist for:
- 38% Less Than a Week
- 22% Less Than a Day
- 22% Over a Month
People who have experienced mild butt swelling were most often matched with:
- 21% Cellulitis
- 7% Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Butt
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).