2 Potential Missed Period Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
In women of reproductive age, symptoms including missed period, weight gain, and nausea are indicative of pregnancy.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, nausea or vomiting, stomach bloating, bloody vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding
- Symptoms that always occur with possible pregnancy:
- missed period
- Symptoms that never occur with possible pregnancy:
- painful urination, severe abdominal pain
Missed Period Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having missed period.Take a quiz
Ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg implants outside of the uterus. The vast majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in the fallopian tubes.
Treatment depends on how far the pregnancy has progressed but in all cases leads to the termination of the embryo.
- Top Symptoms:
- abdominal pain (stomach ache), nausea or vomiting, vaginal bleeding, pelvis pain, moderate abdominal pain
- Symptoms that never occur with ectopic pregnancy:
- Hospital emergency room
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Missed Period
- Q.How many sexual partners have you been with?
- Q.Do you have sexual relations with men, women, or both?
- Q.Did your symptoms worsen or start after sex?
- Q.Did you lose weight on purpose?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our missed period symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Missed Period Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced missed period have also experienced:
- 25% Missed Period
- 12% Hair Loss
- 12% Bloody Nose
People who have experienced missed period had symptoms persist for:
- 63% Over a Month
- 14% Less Than a Week
- 10% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced missed period were most often matched with:
- 12% Possible Pregnancy
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).