- Your Moderate Ankle Swelling May Also be Known as:
- Ankle moderately puffy
- Ankle moderately swollen
- Moderate ankle puffiness
Top 2 Moderate Ankle Swelling Causes
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises. Bruises of the ankle are common, often due to minor injury.
You can treat this at home with R.I.C.E - rest (exercise as tolerated), ice (10-20 minutes at a time), compression (this is pretty optional), and elevation (putting your feet up helps blood drain and return to the heart).
- Top Symptoms:
- pain in one ankle, constant ankle pain, ankle pain from an injury, recent ankle injury, swollen ankle
- Symptoms that always occur with ankle bruise:
- ankle pain from an injury, recent ankle injury, constant ankle pain
Moderate Ankle Swelling Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having moderate ankle swelling.Take a quiz
Arthritis of the ankle is a degenerative joint disorder occurring in the ankle. It presents with joint pain and stiffness that is typically worse with activity.
You can safely treat this condition on your own with over-the-counter drugs like capsaicin, methylsalicylate cream or topical NSAIDs. you may want to see your primary care physician if the pain persists or worsens.
- Top Symptoms:
- swollen ankle, joint stiffness, swollen foot, pain in one ankle, ankle stiffness
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Moderate Ankle Swelling
- Q.Is your ankle pain constant or come-and-go?
- Q.Is your ankle swelling getting better or worse?
- Q.Is the ankle pain affecting:
- Q.Is your ankle able to move in all directions like it used to?