- Your Neck Lumps May Also be Known as:
- Both sides of neck has a bump
- Both sides of neck has a lump
- Both sides of neck has a mass
- Bump in both sides of neck
- Lump in both sides of neck
- Mass in both sides of neck
Top 2 Neck Lumps Causes
1.Influenza (in a Suppressed Immune System)
Influenza, or the "flu," is an infection of the airway caused by the flu virus, which passes through the air and enters the body through the nose or mouth. The symptoms are similar to those of a cold, but the flu is usually more serious.
In many cases, the flu is nothing to worry about and resolves on its own. Nonetheless, it can be serious in those who are immunocompromised. Since you have confirmed having a weakened immune system, you should seek care immediately.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, headache, cough, loss of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea
- In-person visit
Neck Lumps Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having neck lumps.Take a quiz
Influenza, or Flu, is an infection of the airway caused by the flu virus, which passes through the air and enters the body through the nose or mouth. The symptoms are similar to those of a cold, but the flu is usually more serious.
If your flu-like symptoms are existing for less than 48 hours, it might be helpful to seek care by telephone or in a walk-in-clinic to get a course of oseltamivir (Tamiflu). Most people will get better on their own by drinking lots of fluids and taking an over-the-counter medication such as acetominophen (Tylenol) to help with aches or fever.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, cough, muscle aches
- Symptoms that never occur with influenza:
- headache resulting from a head injury
- Phone call or in-person visit
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Neck Lumps
- Q.How long have you had the bump?
- Q.Compared to a marble, how big is your bump(s)?
- Q.What color is the bump?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our neck lumps symptom checker.Take a quiz
Neck Lumps Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced neck lumps have also experienced:
- 33% Shortness of Breath
- 33% Stretching Neck
- 33% Rib Pain on One Side
People who have experienced neck lumps had symptoms persist for:
- 32% Over a Month
- 30% Less Than a Week
- 20% Less Than a Day
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).