2 Potential Pain in the Thumb Side of the Elbow Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) is soreness or pain on the outside of the upper arm near the elbow.
2-3 weeks and up to 12 months
- Top Symptoms:
- elbow pain, pain in one elbow, hand weakness, pain in the thumb side of the elbow, elbow pain from overuse
- Symptoms that always occur with tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis):
- elbow pain
Pain in the Thumb Side of the Elbow Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having pain in the thumb side of the elbow.Take a quiz
At joints where bones meet, bones are covered with a layer of cartilage which provides shock absorbance and lubrication. Osteochondritis dissecans is a condition where a piece of cartilage with a thin layer of bone detach from the larger bone, causing pain.
Conservative treatment should resolve the problem in 3-6 months.
- Top Symptoms:
- pain in one knee, knee stiffness, knee instability, knee pain that gets worse during a run, pop in the knee
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Pain in the Thumb Side of the Elbow
- Q.How would you explain the cause of your elbow pain?
- Q.Is the pain affecting:
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our pain in the thumb side of the elbow symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Pain in the Thumb Side of the Elbow Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced pain in the thumb side of the elbow have also experienced:
- 11% Pain in One Shoulder
- 7% Pain in the Thumb Side of the Forearm
- 7% Elbow Popping
People who have experienced pain in the thumb side of the elbow had symptoms persist for:
- 39% Over a Month
- 19% Less Than a Week
- 18% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced pain in the thumb side of the elbow were most often matched with:
- 44% Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).