2 Potential Recent Calf Injury Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises. Bruises of the calf are common, given the location on the body.
Bruises will begin to heal over the course of a week
- Top Symptoms:
- pain in one calf, calf pain from an injury, recent calf injury, swollen calf, bruised calf
- Symptoms that always occur with calf bruise:
- recent calf injury, calf pain from an injury
Recent Calf Injury Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having recent calf injury.Take a quiz
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and tissues underneath it. It is most commonly caused by Group A strep and typically enters the body through a break in the skin.
Dependent on severity of infection
- Top Symptoms:
- fever, lower leg pain, lower leg redness, painful swelling in the lower leg, calf pain
- Symptoms that always occur with cellulitis:
- lower leg redness, area of skin redness
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Recent Calf Injury
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Q.What is your body mass?
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
- Q.Where on your lower leg is the swelling?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our recent calf injury symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Recent Calf Injury Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced recent calf injury have also experienced:
- 10% Swollen Lower Leg
- 5% Muscle Aches
- 5% Lower Leg Pain
People who have experienced recent calf injury were most often matched with:
- 5% Calf Bruise
- 5% Cellulitis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).