- Your Retentive Posturing May Also be Known as:
- Rocking on tippy toes
- Strange posturing to keep from pooping
Top 3 Retentive Posturing Causes
Atrophic vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina and surrounding structures. It is caused by decreased levels of estrogen which causes the endometrial and vaginal lining to thin and vaginal pH to increase, causing symptoms like dryness, burning, and itching.
You should speak with your physician to discuss symptoms and treatment options. Treatment may include estrogen replacement, moisturizers, and lubricants.
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding, vaginal itch or burning, painful sex, bleeding after sex
- Symptoms that always occur with atrophic vaginitis:
- hidden: menarche status: perimenopausal or postmenopausal
- Primary care doctor
Retentive Posturing Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having retentive posturing.Take a quiz
2.Normal Case of Vaginal Discharge
Vaginal discharge is a common issue many women experience and is likely nothing to worry about. Your vaginal discharge can change depending on your menstrual cycle. Recent initiation or a change in contraceptives can also cause a temporary change in discharge.
You most likely have nothing to worry about. If the discharge becomes severe or you have other symptoms like itching or foul odor, you should speak with your primary care physician or OBGYN.
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal discharge, mild vaginal discharge, white/gray vaginal discharge, clear vaginal discharge, severe vaginal discharge
- Symptoms that always occur with normal case of vaginal discharge:
- vaginal discharge
- Symptoms that never occur with normal case of vaginal discharge:
- vaginal itch or burning, painful urination, severe vaginal discharge, vaginal pain, abdominal pain (stomach ache), bleeding after sex, missed period
- Wait and watch
3.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female genital structures like the uterus, fallopian tube, ovary, and the surrounding abdominal wall. It is typically caused by N. Gonorrhoeae or C. Trachomatis.
You should contact your doctor today. There, physical exams and swabs of the vagina will be needed to look for infection. Further blood testing or imaging may also be needed. Treatment involves antibiotics (orally) for both you and your partner
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal discharge, nausea or vomiting, vaginal bleeding, pelvis pain, lower abdominal pain
- Symptoms that always occur with pelvic inflammatory disease:
- hidden: pid: pain fever or discharge
- In-person visit
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Retentive Posturing
- Q.Do you have to strain in order to poop?
- Q.Do you feel that not all stool has come out after defecating?
- Q.Do you feel pain when you have sexual intercourse?
- Q.Do you feel pain when you urinate?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our retentive posturing symptom checker.Take a quiz
Retentive Posturing Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced retentive posturing were most often matched with:
- 33% Atrophic Vaginitis
- 33% Normal Case of Vaginal Discharge
- 33% Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).