2 Potential Single Mouth Sore Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Canker sores are small, grayish-white sores in the mouth, often on the inside of the cheeks, lips, and on the tongue. No one really knows why canker sores happen, but it seems to be inherited and susceptible to vitamin deficiencies and allergies.
- Top Symptoms:
- painful mouth sore, numerous mouth sores, mouth sore surrounded by a red area, single mouth sore, oral ulcer
- Symptoms that always occur with canker sore:
- painful mouth sore
Single Mouth Sore Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having single mouth sore.Take a quiz
2.Mucous Cyst (Mucocele)
A mucocele (mucous cyst) is NOT a serious tumor. It's typically caused by repeated biting leading to leakage of mucous from damaged mucous ducts, which accumulates and creates a cyst. It's most commonly found in kids, and usually inside the lower lip but also possibly under the tongue or in the inner cheek.
Cured with treatment. Comes back 14% of the time, though.
- Top Symptoms:
- painful mouth sore, painless mouth sore, single mouth sore, sores on the inner cheek, sores on the inner lip
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Single Mouth Sore
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Do you have a rash?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Are you experiencing a headache?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our single mouth sore symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Single Mouth Sore Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced single mouth sore have also experienced:
- 7% Neck Bump
- 7% Sore Throat
- 5% White, Lacy Plaque on Tongue
People who have experienced single mouth sore had symptoms persist for:
- 46% Less Than a Week
- 27% Less Than a Day
- 10% Over a Month
People who have experienced single mouth sore were most often matched with:
- 13% Canker Sore
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).