2 Potential Soft Back Mass Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
A skin abscess is an infection of the deeper skin that's typically due to bacteria seen on the skin. Recently, infections are more frequently caused by Staph. Aureus (puts the "staph" in "staph infections").
Good prognosis with treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- painful back lump, large back lump, marble sized back lump, pink or red back bump, back bump leaking yellow/milky fluid
- Symptoms that never occur with skin abscess:
- Primary care doctor
Soft Back Mass Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having soft back mass.Take a quiz
An epidermoid cyst is a closed sac under the skin filled with a cheese-like or oily material. It is caused by trauma or surgery.
Resolves with treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- skin-colored back bump, marble sized back lump, small back lump
- Symptoms that always occur with skin cyst:
- skin-colored back bump
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Soft Back Mass
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.What color is the bump?
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
- Q.What is your body mass?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our soft back mass symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Soft Back Mass Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced soft back mass have also experienced:
- 18% Lower Back Pain
- 9% Bloody Vaginal Discharge
- 9% Back Pain
People who have experienced soft back mass had symptoms persist for:
- 49% Over a Month
- 21% Less Than a Week
- 11% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced soft back mass were most often matched with:
- 23% Skin Cyst
- 15% Skin Abscess
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).