- Your Swelling on Both Sides of the Butt May Also be Known as:
- Both buttcheeks are puffy
- Both buttcheeks are swollen
- Both buttcheeks feel puffy
- Both buttcheeks feel swollen
- Both glutes are puffy
- Both glutes are swollen
- Both glutes feel puffy
- Both glutes feel swollen
- Both sides of bottom are puffy
- Both sides of bottom are swollen
Top 2 Swelling on Both Sides of the Butt Causes
Hemorrhoids are a very common condition that affects more 50% of the population, typically after the age of 30. Hemorrhoids are the "varicose veins of the anus and rectum" - enlarged, bulging blood vessels in the anus that can bleed or clot.
You can treat this at home by eating more fiber and drinking more water, which loosens your stools and allowing the hemorrhoid to heal. Changing your health habits can also help - lose weight and exercise more and keep the anus clean. Topical creams and ointments can help with the pain, as would a warm water spray or sitz baths. If these treatments do not work after some time, simple surgical operations can be done in the primary care office. Or, for very severe cases of hemorrhoids, surgery may be needed to remove the hemorrhoid.
- Top Symptoms:
- constipation, rectal pain, rectal bleeding, pain when passing stools, anal itching
- Symptoms that never occur with hemorrhoids:
- unintentional weight loss
Swelling on Both Sides of the Butt Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having swelling on both sides of the butt.Take a quiz
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and tissues underneath it. It is most commonly caused by Group A strep and typically enters the body through a break in the skin.
You should go to your primary care doctor tomorrow. There, he or she will inspect your skin And determine if antibiotics are necessary.
- Top Symptoms:
- fever, butt redness, butt pain, painful butt swelling, recent buttocks injury
- Symptoms that always occur with cellulitis:
- butt redness
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Swelling on Both Sides of the Butt
- Q.How swollen is the area around your buttocks?
- Q.How long has the area around your buttocks been swollen?
- Q.Have you had any changes in your weight?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our swelling on both sides of the butt symptom checker.Take a quiz
Swelling on Both Sides of the Butt Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced swelling on both sides of the butt have also experienced:
- 16% Movable Hip Lump
- 16% Abdominal Pain (Stomach Ache)
People who have experienced swelling on both sides of the butt had symptoms persist for:
- 32% Less Than a Week
- 30% Over a Month
- 21% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced swelling on both sides of the butt were most often matched with:
- 16% Hemorrhoids
- 16% Cellulitis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).