2 Potential Thickened Skin on the Hand Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Irritant Contact Dermatitis
Contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes red, sore, or inflamed after direct contact with a substance. This condition most often affects skin of the hands, and may occur after repeated and prolonged exposure to substances such as water, detergents (soaps, bleach), solvents (gasoline), acids, powders, dust, and soil. The onset of the skin reaction is usually within 48 hours of contact with the substance.
- Top Symptoms:
- hand pain, hand skin changes, facial skin changes, hand redness, rash on the outer part of the finger
- Symptoms that always occur with irritant contact dermatitis:
- hand redness
Thickened Skin on the Hand Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having thickened skin on the hand.Take a quiz
A callus is a hard, thick layer of skin that develops when the skin experiences lots of friction and pressure. A callus may cause discomfort, but is of no big concern.
Should go away immediately by trimming excess skin, and will not reappear if shoe inserts are used.
- Top Symptoms:
- thickened skin on the hand, thickened skin on the hand with visible lines
- Symptoms that always occur with hand callus:
- thickened skin on the hand with visible lines
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Thickened Skin on the Hand
- Q.Do the skin's natural lines go through the thickened skin?
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
- Q.Have you noticed that your limbs are growing?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our thickened skin on the hand symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Thickened Skin on the Hand Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand have also experienced:
- 8% Thickened Skin on the Foot
- 6% Hand Itch
- 6% Dry Skin
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand had symptoms persist for:
- 64% Over a Month
- 12% Less Than a Week
- 10% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand were most often matched with:
- 48% Hand Callus
- 1% Irritant Contact Dermatitis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).