- Your Thickened Skin on the Hand May Also be Known as:
Top 2 Thickened Skin on the Hand Causes
1.Irritant Contact Dermatitis
Contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes red, sore, or inflamed after direct contact with a substance. This condition most often affects skin of the hands, and may occur after repeated and prolonged exposure to substances such as water, detergents (soaps, bleach), solvents (gasoline), acids, powders, dust, and soil. The onset of the skin reaction is usually within 48 hours of contact with the substance.
You can safely treat this condition on your own. The main treatment for this disease is to avoid the substance that triggers the skin inflammation. Moisturizer can also be helpful to provide relief for your inflamed skin.
- Top Symptoms:
- hand pain, facial skin changes, hand skin changes, hand redness, rash on the outer part of the finger
- Symptoms that always occur with irritant contact dermatitis:
- hand redness
Thickened Skin on the Hand Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having thickened skin on the hand.Take a quiz
A callus is a hard, thick layer of skin that develops when the skin experiences lots of friction and pressure. A callus may cause discomfort, but is of no big concern.
Callus doesn't need any specific treatment. If it bothers you, you can trim away excess skin, and try to avoid friction and pressure to prevent the callus from coming back.
- Top Symptoms:
- thickened skin on the hand, thickened skin on the hand with visible lines
- Symptoms that always occur with hand callus:
- thickened skin on the hand with visible lines
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Thickened Skin on the Hand
- Q.How long have you had this thickened skin?
- Q.Do the skin's natural lines go through the thickened skin?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our thickened skin on the hand symptom checker.Take a quiz
Thickened Skin on the Hand Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand have also experienced:
- 16% Skin Peeling
- 16% Thick Cuticles
- 16% Blue Skin
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand had symptoms persist for:
- 50% Over a Month
- 15% Less Than a Week
- 11% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced thickened skin on the hand were most often matched with:
- 33% Hand Callus