- Your Upper Leg Injury May Also be Known as:
- Bumped leg
- Bumped quad
- Bumped quadricep
- Bumped thigh
- Bumped upper leg
- Damaged leg
- Damaged quad
- Damaged quadricep
- Damaged thigh
- Damaged upper leg
Top 2 Upper Leg Injury Causes
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises.
You can treat this at home with R.I.C.E - rest (exercise as tolerated), ice (10-20 minutes at a time), compression (this is pretty optional), and elevation (put your feet up to help blood flow back to the heart using gravity).
- Top Symptoms:
- pain in one thigh, upper leg injury, thigh pain from an injury, thigh bruise, swelling of one thigh
- Symptoms that always occur with thigh bruise:
- upper leg injury, thigh pain from an injury
Upper Leg Injury Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having upper leg injury.Take a quiz
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and tissues underneath it. It is most commonly caused by Group A strep and typically enters the body through a break in the skin.
You should go to your primary care doctor tomorrow. There, he or she will inspect your skin and determine if antibiotics are necessary.
- Top Symptoms:
- fever, upper leg pain, upper leg redness, painful upper leg swelling, upper leg injury
- Symptoms that always occur with cellulitis:
- upper leg redness
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Upper Leg Injury
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Where is your upper leg pain located?
- Q.Have you recently been bitten or stung by an insect?
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our upper leg injury symptom checker.Take a quiz
Upper Leg Injury Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced upper leg injury have also experienced:
- 25% Pain in One Shoulder
- 25% Thigh Pain
- 25% Bright Red Skin Changes
People who have experienced upper leg injury were most often matched with:
- 11% Thigh Bruise
- 11% Cellulitis