- Your Warm and Red Rash May Also be Known as:
Top 2 Warm and Red Rash Causes
A sunburn is inflammation (a reaction by your body's immune system) caused by too much UV (ultra-violet) radiation, which is part of the sunshine. While the symptoms eventually go away, the cells of the skin are permanently damaged, and over time, the risk of skin cancer is higher. Further, the damage reduces the skin's ability to repair itself, speeding up the formation of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Although there is not much clinical evidence to support its effectiveness, moisturizers like aloe vera and oil-based lotions, creams, and ointments provide a protective layer on the damaged skin, speeding up healing. Cool compresses are also useful. Ibuprofen or other similar NSAIDs are effective in reducing inflammation and pain. Wearing sunscreen when going back out in the sun is also key to reducing further damage.
- Top Symptoms:
- painful rash, red rash, itchy rash, warm and red rash, swollen rash
- Symptoms that always occur with sunburn:
- painful rash, red rash
- Symptoms that never occur with sunburn:
Warm and Red Rash Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having warm and red rash.Take a quiz
2.Allergic Reaction to a Bee Sting
Allergic reactions to bee stings can be severe, sometimes causing intense swelling and difficulty breathing.
You should go to an urgent care center immediately. Take an antihistmaine tablet (such as Benadryl) or use an EpiPen if you have one.
- Top Symptoms:
- painful rash, itchy rash, warm and red rash, skin changes from a bug bite, insect bite or sting
- Symptoms that always occur with allergic reaction to a bee sting:
- insect bite or sting, warm and red rash, skin changes from a bug bite
- In-person visit
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Warm and Red Rash
- Q.Is your rash:
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Do you have a sore throat?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our warm and red rash symptom checker.Take a quiz
Warm and Red Rash Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced warm and red rash have also experienced:
- 27% Red Rash
- 20% Painful Rash
- 8% Headache
People who have experienced warm and red rash had symptoms persist for:
- 35% Less Than a Day
- 25% Over a Month
- 23% Less Than a Week
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).