Top 12 Best Eye Drops for Contacts
UpdatedFebruary 22, 2024
Contact lenses are a great way to improve your vision without the hassle of glasses. However, wearing contact lenses can sometimes cause dry eyes, which can be uncomfortable and even lead to eye infections. That's where eye drops for contacts come in.
Eye drops for contacts are specially formulated to provide relief for dry eyes caused by contact lens wear. They help to lubricate the eyes, reduce irritation, and provide a refreshing feeling. These drops come in different types, including preservative-free, multi-purpose, and rewetting drops.
When choosing the best eye drops for contacts, it's important to consider the type of contact lenses you wear, whether they are soft or rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses. Some eye drops are specifically designed for soft lenses, while others are suitable for both soft and RGP lenses. It's also important to check if the eye drops are compatible with the type of contact lens solution you use.
We spent hours researching and testing various eye drops for contacts to identify the ones that provide the best relief for dry eyes caused by contact lens wear.
Top 3 Best Eye Drops for Contacts
- Opti-Free Puremoist Rewetting Drops
- Refresh Contacts, Eye Drops, Contact Lens Comfort
- Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops
We all know how uncomfortable it can be to wear contact lenses for an extended period of time. Dryness, irritation, and redness are just a few of the issues that can arise. Fortunately, there are eye drops specifically designed to alleviate these symptoms and keep your eyes feeling comfortable and healthy. In this article, we've compiled a list of the best eye drops for contacts on the market. Whether you're looking for a quick fix or a long-term solution, we've got you covered.
The Editor's Choice
Looking for fast relief from contact lens dryness? Opti-Free Puremoist Rewetting Drops deliver instant comfort on-the-go. Although they may sting for some and lack all-day moisture, they're a solid addition to your lens care routine.
We highly recommend Opti-Free Puremoist Rewetting Drops for those who wear contact lenses for long hours and need a refreshing burst of moisture. These rewetting drops remove particles that cause irritation and help prevent deposit build-up, making them a great addition to your lens care routine.
- Provides instant relief for dry eyes caused by contact lens wear
- Easy to use with a convenient and portable bottle
- Safe and effective for use with all silicone hydrogel and other soft contact lenses
- Can sting for some users
- May not provide long-lasting moisture for all-day comfort
- A bit pricey compared to other rewetting drops on the market
If you're looking for a quick and easy solution to dry eyes caused by contact lens wear, Opti-Free Puremoist Rewetting Drops are a great choice. They provide instant relief and are easy to use with a convenient bottle that you can take with you on the go. However, some users may experience a stinging sensation, and the moisture may not last all day for some individuals. Overall, we think these rewetting drops are a great addition to your contact lens care routine.
We highly recommend Refresh Contacts for anyone who wears contact lenses and experiences mild dryness symptoms.
- The original strength formula provides instant moisture and lubrication to relieve dryness.
- It can be used while wearing your contacts, making it convenient for on-the-go use.
- It can also be used to lubricate and rewet both soft and rigid gas permeable contact lenses.
- It may not be as effective for severe dryness symptoms.
- It is not recommended for use with certain types of rigid gas permeable lenses.
- It may cause temporary blurring of vision immediately after application.
We have personally used Refresh Contacts and found it to be effective in providing immediate relief for mild dryness symptoms. The formula is gentle and does not cause any irritation or discomfort.
It is also convenient to use as it does not require removal of your contact lenses prior to application. We appreciate that it can be used with both soft and rigid gas permeable lenses, although it is important to consult with your eye care practitioner to ensure compatibility with your specific type of lens.
Overall, we believe Refresh Contacts is a reliable choice for anyone who experiences mild dryness symptoms while wearing contact lenses.
We highly recommend Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops for anyone looking for an effective solution to dry and irritated eyes.
- The eye drops are enhanced with naturally inspired ingredients that provide instant moisture for dry eyes.
- Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops are contact lens friendly and can be applied while wearing soft contact lenses.
- The eye drops are preservative-free and pH balanced, making them safe and gentle for daily use.
- The bottle is small, so you may need to purchase multiple bottles for long-term use.
- The eye drops may cause temporary blurred vision immediately after application.
- The price point is slightly higher compared to other eye drop brands.
Our experience with Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops has been excellent. Within seconds of application, our eyes felt instantly moisturized and refreshed. The eye drops are gentle and did not cause any stinging or discomfort upon application. We also appreciate that the eye drops are contact lens friendly, making them a convenient option for daily use.
It is important to note that the bottle is small, so you may need to purchase multiple bottles for long-term use. Additionally, the eye drops may cause temporary blurred vision immediately after application, so it is recommended to wait a few minutes before driving or operating heavy machinery. Lastly, the price point is slightly higher compared to other eye drop brands, but we believe the quality and effectiveness of the product is worth the investment.
Overall, Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops are a reliable and effective solution for dry and irritated eyes. We highly recommend giving them a try.
We highly recommend purchasing Systane Contacts Soothing Drops for anyone experiencing dry eyes from wearing soft and RGP lenses.
- Moisturizes and soothes dry eyes caused by wearing contacts
- Long-lasting relief
- Easy to apply
- May cause a slight burning sensation for some users
- Some users may not see significant improvement in dryness
- Slightly more expensive than other eye drops on the market
Since using Systane Contacts Soothing Drops, we have noticed a significant improvement in the dryness and discomfort we experience while wearing contacts. The drops provide long-lasting relief and are easy to apply.
One potential downside is that some users may experience a slight burning sensation upon application. Additionally, while the drops work well for most users, some may not see significant improvement in their dryness.
Overall, we believe that the benefits of Systane Contacts Soothing Drops outweigh any potential drawbacks. If you are looking for a reliable and effective solution for dry eyes caused by wearing contacts, we highly recommend giving this product a try.
If you're looking for a preservative-free eye drop to help relieve severe dry eye symptoms, Optase Dry Eye Intense Drops might be a good option for you.
- The drops mix with natural oils to hydrate your eyes and improve tear quality
- The multi-use bottle maintains sterility for up to 3 months without preservatives
- Optase is recommended by doctors for tackling the cause and symptoms of dry eyes, blepharitis, and meibomian gland dysfunction
- Some users complain about having to squeeze the bottle hard to get the first drop out
- The drops are thick and may be difficult to apply for some users
- The bottle may arrive damaged during shipping
We recently tried Optase Dry Eye Intense Drops and found that they provided long-lasting relief for our moderate to severe dry eye symptoms. The drops mixed well with our natural tears and helped to hydrate our eyes, improving tear quality. We also appreciated that the multi-use bottle was convenient and maintained sterility for up to 3 months without preservatives.
However, we did find that the bottle was difficult to squeeze at first, and some users may have trouble applying the thick drops. Additionally, the bottle may arrive damaged during shipping, so be sure to check it carefully upon arrival.
Overall, if you're looking for a preservative-free eye drop to help relieve your dry eye symptoms, Optase Dry Eye Intense Drops may be a good option to consider.
If you're a contact lens wearer and experience dry, irritated eyes, Refresh Relieva for Contacts may be the solution you're looking for. This innovative formula is designed to relieve mild to moderate symptoms of eye dryness, irritation, and discomfort associated with contact lens wear.
- Specially designed for contact lens wearers
- Relieves mild to moderate symptoms of eye dryness, irritation, and discomfort associated with contact lens wear
- Hydrocell technology enables hydration and maintains the volume of cells on the eye's surface
- May not provide relief for severe dry eye symptoms
- May not be suitable for all types of contact lenses
- May cause temporary blurred vision immediately after application
We've found that Refresh Relieva for Contacts is effective at relieving mild to moderate symptoms of dryness, irritation, and discomfort associated with contact lens wear. The hydrocell technology in the formula helps to maintain the volume of cells on the eye's surface, which can help to prevent further irritation.
One of the benefits of Refresh Relieva for Contacts is that you can keep your contacts in upon application. It may also be used to lubricate and rewet soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses, as well as cushion lenses prior to application. However, it's important to consult your eye care practitioner to identify the lens you wear, as silicone acrylate and fluorosilicone acrylate rigid gas permeable lenses are recommended for use with Refresh Relieva for Contacts.
Overall, we recommend Refresh Relieva for Contacts for contact lens wearers who experience mild to moderate symptoms of eye dryness, irritation, and discomfort. However, if you experience severe dry eye symptoms, you may need to consult your eye care practitioner for a more intensive treatment plan.
We highly recommend the Sensitive Eyes Contact Lens Solution by Bausch + Lomb for those who are looking for a reliable eye drop solution for their contact lenses.
- Effectively lubricates and rewets soft lenses
- Helps remove particulate matter
- Helps prevent film deposit build-up
- May cause slight stinging sensation upon application
- Not suitable for hard contact lenses
- May need to reapply multiple times throughout the day for maximum comfort
We have personally used this product and found that it effectively lubricates and rewets our soft contact lenses, providing much-needed relief from dryness and discomfort. The formula also helps remove any particulate matter that may have accumulated on the lenses. We appreciate that it contains a cleaning agent that helps prevent film deposit build-up, which can lead to irritation and discomfort.
However, we did notice a slight stinging sensation upon application, which quickly subsided. Additionally, this solution is not suitable for hard contact lenses, so be sure to check the label before use. Finally, we found that we needed to reapply the drops multiple times throughout the day to maintain maximum comfort.
Overall, we believe that the Sensitive Eyes Contact Lens Solution by Bausch + Lomb is a reliable and effective product that can help enhance the comfort and longevity of your soft contact lenses.
If you're looking for a reliable and effective solution to clean and refresh your contact lenses, then Maxim Eye Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops 3 Pack is the perfect product for you.
- Provides an effective cleaning solution for both soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses.
- Comes in a convenient bottle for quick and easy application.
- Moisturizes and soothes the eyes, providing relief from dryness and discomfort.
- Bottle size may be small for some users.
- Some users may experience a slight stinging sensation upon application.
- May not be suitable for all types of contact lenses.
We recently tried out the Maxim Eye Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops 3 Pack, and we were impressed with its effectiveness. The drops are formulated to be gentle on the eyes, and they provide a quick and easy way to clean and refresh your lenses throughout the day.
The unique blend of natural ingredients in the Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops helps to moisturize and soothe the eyes, providing relief from dryness and discomfort while wearing the lenses. The drops help to remove protein build-up and other particles that can accumulate on your lenses over time, ensuring that your vision remains clear and sharp.
In addition to the Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops, the package also includes a tea tree oil eyelid wipe. This wipe is an exfoliating eyelid scrub for dry, itchy, swollen, and irritated eyes. It is a natural preservative-free eyelid cleanser and makeup remover that provides gentle cleaning with uncompromising results.
Overall, we highly recommend the Maxim Eye Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops 3 Pack to anyone looking for a reliable and effective solution to clean and refresh their contact lenses.
We highly recommend Systane Contacts Soothing Drops for anyone who wears contact lenses and suffers from dry eyes.
- The two active lubricating agents in the formula provide double moisture, giving you long-lasting comfort.
- The drops refresh and soothe dry, irritated eyes caused by wearing contacts.
- The antihistamine in the formula offers soothing eye comfort, even for those with allergies.
- The price may be higher than other eye drops on the market.
- Some users may experience slight stinging or burning upon application.
- The small size of the bottle may not be ideal for frequent use.
We've personally used Systane Contacts Soothing Drops and found them to be effective in providing relief for dry eyes caused by wearing contact lenses. The formula is gentle and soothing, and the antihistamine provides additional comfort for those with allergies. However, the price may be a bit higher than other eye drops on the market, and some users may experience slight stinging or burning upon application. Additionally, the small size of the bottle may not be ideal for frequent use. Overall, we believe Systane Contacts Soothing Drops are a great option for contact lens wearers in need of relief from dry eyes.
We highly recommend Avenova Eye Drops for anyone looking for fast-acting relief from dry eye symptoms.
- Provides immediate relief of dry eye symptoms
- Fast-acting formula soothes burning and itching eyes
- Easy to apply with a simple dropper
- Some users find the bottle difficult to open
- May require frequent reapplication for severe dry eye
- Slightly more expensive than other eye drops on the market
Our experience with Avenova Eye Drops has been nothing but positive. The drops provide immediate relief of dry eye symptoms, and the fast-acting formula quickly soothes burning and itching eyes. The dropper is easy to use and allows for precise application of the drops.
One potential downside is that some users find the bottle difficult to open, which can be frustrating. Additionally, the drops may need to be reapplied frequently for severe dry eye. However, we believe that the benefits of Avenova Eye Drops far outweigh any potential drawbacks.
In conclusion, if you're looking for an effective solution to dry eye symptoms, we highly recommend Avenova Eye Drops.
When it comes to choosing the best eye drops for contacts, there are a few factors to consider. Here are some features to look for when making your selection:
First and foremost, you want to make sure that the eye drops you choose are safe for use with contact lenses. Look for products that are specifically labeled as "contact lens compatible." Additionally, you may want to consider eye drops that contain ingredients like:
- Hyaluronic acid: This natural substance helps to lubricate the eyes and keep them moist.
- Sodium hyaluronate: Similar to hyaluronic acid, this ingredient can help to relieve dryness and irritation.
- Electrolytes: These minerals help to maintain the proper balance of fluids in the eyes.
Type of Eye Drops
There are several different types of eye drops to choose from, each with its own benefits:
- Lubricating drops: These drops are designed to provide relief from dryness and irritation.
- Redness-relieving drops: If your eyes tend to get red and irritated, these drops may help to reduce inflammation.
- Allergy drops: If you suffer from allergies, these drops can help to alleviate symptoms like itching and watering.
Finally, consider the packaging of the eye drops. Single-use vials are a good choice if you're on the go, as they're easy to carry with you and don't require any additional equipment. However, if you're using eye drops frequently, you may prefer a larger bottle with a dropper tip for easier application.
In summary, when choosing the best eye drops for contacts, look for products that are safe for use with lenses, contain beneficial ingredients, and come in a packaging that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some recommended rewetting drops for contact lenses?
There are several rewetting drops that we recommend for contact lens wearers, including Blink Contacts Lubricating Eye Drops, Refresh Contacts Contact Lens Comfort Drops, and Opti-Free Replenish Rewetting Drops. These drops help to refresh and moisturize your eyes, reducing dryness and irritation.
What are the best preservative-free eye drops for contact lenses?
Preservative-free eye drops are a great option for those who are sensitive to certain chemicals. We recommend Systane Ultra Preservative-Free Eye Drops, Refresh Optive Preservative-Free Lubricant Eye Drops, and TheraTears Lubricant Eye Drops. These drops provide long-lasting relief for dryness and irritation.
Which eye drops are best for relieving redness caused by contact lenses?
If you're experiencing redness caused by contact lenses, we recommend using Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops, Visine Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops, or Rohto Cool Redness Relief Eye Drops. These drops help to reduce redness and soothe your eyes.
What are the best allergy eye drops for contact lens wearers?
For those with allergies, we recommend using Zaditor Antihistamine Eye Drops, Alaway Antihistamine Eye Drops, or Pataday Once Daily Relief Eye Drops. These drops help to relieve itching, redness, and other symptoms caused by allergies.
Can regular eye drops be used with contact lenses?
It depends on the type of eye drops. Some eye drops are not safe to use with contact lenses, as they can damage the lenses or cause irritation. However, there are many eye drops that are safe to use with contact lenses. Always check the label or consult with your eye doctor before using any eye drops with your contact lenses.
What eye drops do optometrists recommend for contact lens wearers?
Optometrists may recommend different eye drops depending on your specific needs. However, some common recommendations include Blink Contacts Lubricating Eye Drops, Systane Ultra Preservative-Free Eye Drops, and Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief Eye Drops. Be sure to consult with your optometrist for personalized recommendations.
The links provided may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you if you choose to purchase the recommended product. This support allows our research and editorial team to continue providing high-quality recommendations. As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising initiative, we are able to earn advertising fees through providing links to products on Amazon.com. Please rest assured that we only recommend high-quality products.