Mixed Urinary Incontinence
Try our free symptom checker
Get a thorough self-assessment before your visit to the doctor.
What is mixed urinary incontinence?
Incontinence is when you cannot control when you urinate. Incontinence can be caused by stress or an urge, or both. Stress incontinence refers to unintentional leakage of urine caused by coughing, sneezing, laughing, or lifting something heavy. Urge incontinence refers to unintentional leakage right after feeling a sudden urge to urinate. Mixed incontinence is a combination of the two.
- Waking up regularly to urinate at night
- Recurring problem with leaking urine
- Sudden urges to urinate
- Urges to urinate during exertion or heavy breathing
You can safely treat mixed urinary incontinence on your own before seeking a doctor.
- Try using the bathroom at regular intervals to minimize leaking
- Do Kegel exercises regularly to strengthen muscles involved in urine control.
- If symptoms persist, a doctor may be able to suggest some medications or procedures.