- Your Black or Brown Scalp Bump May Also be Known as:
- Black bump on hairline
- Black bump on head
- Black bump on scalp
- Black bump on skull
- Black hairline bump
- Black hairline bumps
- Black hairline lump
- Black hairline mass
- Black head bump
- Black head bumps
Top 2 Black or Brown Scalp Bump Causes
Blackheads are caused by hair follicles becoming clogged with oil & dead skin cells. When the clogged pore is open to the air, the air turns the outermost layer black through oxidation.
Though large blackheads can be removed by a dermatologist, most cases can be treated with proper hygiene and over-the-counter medications/treatments. Look for products containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Top Symptoms:
- small scalp lump, black or brown scalp bump, headache
- Symptoms that always occur with blackhead:
- small scalp lump, black or brown scalp bump
- Symptoms that never occur with blackhead:
Black or Brown Scalp Bump Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having black or brown scalp bump.Take a quiz
2.Mole on the Scalp
Moles are growths on the skin. They happen when pigment cells in the skin, called melanocytes, grow in clusters.
If you have many moles that you are worried about, you can go see your primary care doctor to follow the moles. However, treatment is only considered if a new mole develops or changes.
- Top Symptoms:
- unchanged scalp bump, black or brown scalp bump, small scalp lump, scalp bump's smooth border, uniformly black/brown scalp bump
- Symptoms that always occur with mole on the scalp:
- unchanged scalp bump, black or brown scalp bump
- Symptoms that never occur with mole on the scalp:
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Black or Brown Scalp Bump
- Q.Is your scalp bump constant or come-and-go?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Are you experiencing a headache?
- Q.Is the bump a single shade of black/brown or a mix?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our black or brown scalp bump symptom checker.Take a quiz
Black or Brown Scalp Bump Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced black or brown scalp bump have also experienced:
- 16% Feeling Itchy or Tingling All Over
- 16% Scabbed Scalp Bump
- 16% Hair Loss
People who have experienced black or brown scalp bump had symptoms persist for:
- 44% Over a Month
- 25% Less Than a Week
- 11% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced black or brown scalp bump were most often matched with:
- 35% Mole on the Scalp
- 14% Blackhead