- Your Eyes Rolling Back While Passing Out May Also be Known as:
- Can't look down
- Eyes look upward
- Trouble looking down
- Unable to look down
Top 2 Eyes Rolling Back While Passing Out Causes
1.Generalized Tonic - Clonic Seizure
A seizure is a short burst of uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain. A generalized tonic-clonic seizure affects both halves of the brain, and comes in two phases (tonic and clonic). The tonic phase is characterized by rigidity of all muscles and loss of consciousness. Saliva may escape the mouth, and the bladder may contract, releasing urine. The clonic phase follows, when the body appears to shake. This may last from seconds to minutes. The person gradually regains consciousness. A seizure may be caused by an underlying disease such as epilepsy, or by triggers such as heavy drinking, drugs, or anxiety.
Call 911 immediately for an ambulance.
- Top Symptoms:
- being severely ill, brief fainting episode, confusion/disorientation after returning to consciousness, not having protected the body during the fall, loss of consciousness without remembering
- Symptoms that always occur with generalized tonic-clonic seizure:
- being severely ill, loss of consciousness without remembering, confusion/disorientation after returning to consciousness
- Emergency medical service
Eyes Rolling Back While Passing Out Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having eyes rolling back while passing out.Take a quiz
2.Lennox - Gastaut Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut is a severe form of epilepsy, which is a disorder characterized by frequent seizures. Seizures are bursts of uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain. Most people with this syndrome experience some impairment in intellectual function and information processing. Developmental delays and behavioral disturbance are also common.
You should visit your primary care physician who will coordinate care with a nerve specialist (neurologist). This condition is managed by prescription medication to control the seizures.
- Top Symptoms:
- irritability, fatigue, drooling, developmental delay, fainting after losing muscle strength
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Eyes Rolling Back While Passing Out
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you vomited?
- Q.Have you been around anyone with the same symptoms, possibly exposing yourself to an infection?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our eyes rolling back while passing out symptom checker.Take a quiz
Eyes Rolling Back While Passing Out Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced eyes rolling back while passing out have also experienced:
- 20% Nausea
- 20% Eye Pain
- 20% Severe Fatigue