- Your Penis Numbness May Also be Known as:
- Can't feel genital
- Can't feel genitals
- Can't feel penis
- Genital numbness
- Genital tingling
- Loss of sensation on genital
- Loss of sensation on genitals
- Loss of sensation on penis
- Penis tingling
Top 2 Penis Numbness Causes
The prostate gland sits under the bladder, near the rectum (end of the large intestine), and it makes the fluid that carries sperm. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men in the United States. It is different from other cancers because small areas of cancer within the prostate are actually very common, especially in older men.
You should visit your primary care physician who will be able to coordinate your care with a cancer specialist (oncologist). Prostate cancer is treated in a variety of ways, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, and surgery.
- Top Symptoms:
- frequent urination, waking up regularly to pee at night, painful urination, constant but weak urination stream, feeling of not getting everything out when urinating
- Primary care doctor
Penis Numbness Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having penis numbness.Take a quiz
Irritation of the penis is common, and can come from a number of benign causes. Common causes include cleaning with a new kind of soap, cleaning too much, or chaffing.
You should only clean your penis very lightly with a damp cloth. Do not use soap or scrub very hard. You should not wear tight underwear or pants until symptoms resolve. Petroleum jelly can help with irritation, but avoid lotions or cremes, as the perfumes and other chemicals in them can worsen irritation.
- Top Symptoms:
- penis itch, penile redness
- Symptoms that never occur with penile irritation:
- fever, painful urination, testicle pain
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Penis Numbness
- Q.Is your penile numbness getting better or worse?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Do you feel pain when you urinate?
- Q.Do you notice anything going on with your testicles or scrotum?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our penis numbness symptom checker.Take a quiz
Penis Numbness Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced penis numbness have also experienced:
- 6% Testicle Pain
- 6% Hand Tingling
- 6% Groin Numbness
People who have experienced penis numbness had symptoms persist for:
- 40% Less Than a Day
- 24% Over a Month
- 13% One to Two Weeks
People who have experienced penis numbness were most often matched with:
- 2% Prostate Neoplasm
- 2% Penile Irritation