- Your Red Palms May Also be Known as:
- Palm redness
Top 2 Red Palms Causes
1.Acute Variceal Hemorrhage
Acute variceal hemorrhage is a condition that can occur secondary to (as a result of) liver disease. Blood vessels bringing blood from the digestive tract back to the heart which course through the esophagus (a muscular tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach) become dilated. In acute variceal hemorrhage, these vessels burst, resulting in internal bleeding.
Call 911 immediately. You must be admitted to intensive care to receive blood transfusions as well as antibiotic prophylaxis to reduce the risk of a bacterial infection.
- Top Symptoms:
- being severely ill, vomiting, abdominal pain (stomach ache), constipation, lightheadedness
- Symptoms that always occur with acute variceal hemorrhage:
- being severely ill, hidden: signs of upper gi bleeding
- Emergency medical service
Red Palms Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having red palms.Take a quiz
The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ inside the neck that is responsible for making thyroid hormones. These hormones control important body functions, such as heart rate and the rate at which the body turns food into energy. In Grave's disease, the immune system malfunctions and drives the thyroid to produce excessive amounts of hormones, leading to symptoms such as trouble sleeping, irritability and nervousness, heat sensitivity, hand tremors, and weight loss.
You should visit your primary care physician to get your blood tested. Grave's disease is a complex condition that is managed with prescription antithyroid medications, as well as surgery in rare cases.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, irritability, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, trouble sleeping
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Red Palms
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Do you have a rash?
- Q.Have you experienced any nausea?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our red palms symptom checker.Take a quiz
Red Palms Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced red palms have also experienced:
- 8% Hand Itch
- 5% Prominent Superficial Veins
- 5% Swelling of Both Hands
People who have experienced red palms were most often matched with:
- 37% Graves' Disease