- Your Swelling of One Shoulder May Also be Known as:
- Left clavicle feels puffy
- Left clavicle feels swollen
- Left clavicle is puffy
- Left clavicle is swollen
- Left clavicle puffiness
- Left clavicle swelling
- Left collarbone feels puffy
- Left collarbone feels swollen
- Left collarbone is puffy
- Left collarbone is swollen
Top 2 Swelling of One Shoulder Causes
The clavicle is the collar bone. Clavicle fractures are often caused by a direct blow to the shoulder, for example during a fall onto the shoulder, a car collision, or a fall onto an outstretched arm. This fracture is an extremely common bone fracture in people of all ages.
You should seek immediate medical care at an urgent care clinic or ER. This type of fracture is almost never a cause for concern, but it can be very painful and it is important to obtain and X-Ray to rule out any other damage. Treatment will most likely involve carrying your arm in a sling.
- Top Symptoms:
- constant shoulder pain, pain in one shoulder, arm weakness, shoulder pain from an injury, numbness in one hand
- Symptoms that always occur with broken collarbone:
- collarbone pain, shoulder pain that gets worse with movement, difficulty moving the shoulder, collarbone bulge, constant shoulder pain
- Hospital emergency room
Swelling of One Shoulder Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having swelling of one shoulder.Take a quiz
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises. Bruises of the shoulder are common, given how exposed this area of the body is.
You can treat this at home with R.I.C.E - rest (exercise as tolerated), ice (10-20 minutes at a time), compression (this is pretty optional), and elevation (difficult for this part of the body).
- Top Symptoms:
- constant shoulder pain, pain in one shoulder, shoulder injury, shoulder pain from an injury, swelling of one shoulder
- Symptoms that always occur with shoulder bruise:
- shoulder pain from an injury, shoulder injury, constant shoulder pain
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Swelling of One Shoulder
- Q.How swollen is your shoulder?
- Q.How long has your shoulder been swollen?
- Q.How severe is your shoulder pain?
- Q.How long has your shoulder pain been going on?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our swelling of one shoulder symptom checker.Take a quiz
Swelling of One Shoulder Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced swelling of one shoulder have also experienced:
- 34% Pain in One Shoulder
- 14% Pain in One Shoulder Blade
- 3% Pain in One Arm
People who have experienced swelling of one shoulder had symptoms persist for:
- 29% Over a Month
- 26% Less Than a Week
- 18% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced swelling of one shoulder were most often matched with:
- 1% Broken Collarbone
- 1% Shoulder Bruise
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).