- Your Upper Arm Itch May Also be Known as:
- Arm itchiness
- Arm itching
- Arm itchy
- Arm scratchiness
- Arm scratching
- Arm scratchy
- Bicep itchiness
- Bicep itching
- Bicep itchy
- Bicep scratchiness
Top 2 Upper Arm Itch Causes
1.Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Upper Arm
Allergic contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes irritated and inflamed following physical contact with an allergen. Common products known to cause allergic dermatitis include plants, metals, soap, fragrance, and cosmetics.
You can safely treat this condition on at home. The main treatment for this disease is to avoid the substance that triggers the skin inflammation. Moisturizer can also be helpful to provide relief for your inflamed skin.
- Top Symptoms:
- upper arm redness, upper arm itch, scabbed area of the upper arm
- Symptoms that always occur with allergic contact dermatitis of the upper arm:
- upper arm redness
Upper Arm Itch Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having upper arm itch.Take a quiz
Dermatofibroma (superficial benign fibrous histiocytoma) is a common cutaneous nodule of unknown etiology that occurs more often in women. Dermatofibroma frequently develops on the extremities (mostly the lower legs) and is usually asymptomatic, although pruritus and tenderness can be present
You do not need treatment for this condition because it is completely benign; however, if the lesion changes at all, a doctor should be consulted. If you would like it removed, a doctor can cut, freeze, or burn it off.
- Top Symptoms:
- neutral colored upper arm mass, small upper arm bump, upper arm itch, painful arm bump, marble-sized upper arm bump
- Wait and watch
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Upper Arm Itch
- Q.Is your upper arm itchiness constant or come-and-go?
- Q.How long ago did your upper arm first start to itch?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.About your [upper arm], do you notice:
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our upper arm itch symptom checker.Take a quiz
Upper Arm Itch Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced upper arm itch have also experienced:
- 9% Forearm Itch
- 5% Shoulder Itch
- 5% Wrist Itch
People who have experienced upper arm itch had symptoms persist for:
- 43% Over a Month
- 18% Less Than a Week
- 15% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced upper arm itch were most often matched with:
- 19% Dermatofibroma
- 8% Allergic Contact Dermatitis of the Upper Arm
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).