Top 8 Best Soaps for Eczema
UpdatedSeptember 26, 2023
Eczema is a common skin condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is a chronic condition that causes the skin to become dry, itchy, and inflamed. One of the most effective ways to manage eczema is by using gentle and moisturizing products, including soap. However, not all soaps are created equal, and some can actually make eczema worse.
When looking for the best soap for eczema, it's essential to pay attention to the ingredients. Harsh chemicals and fragrances can irritate the skin and exacerbate eczema symptoms. Instead, look for soaps that are free from sulfates, parabens, and synthetic fragrances. Natural ingredients like oatmeal, shea butter, and coconut oil can help soothe and moisturize the skin.
We spent hours researching and testing various soaps to find the best ones for eczema-prone skin. Our top picks are gentle, moisturizing, and free from harsh chemicals and fragrances. Whether you're looking for a bar soap or a liquid soap, our recommendations will help keep your eczema under control.
Top 3 Best Soaps for Eczema
- New York Biology Tea Tree Body Wash
- Eucerin Eczema Relief Cream & Body Wash
- SheaMoisture Bar Soap for Eczema African Soap with Shea Butter, Black, Aloe Vera, 5 Ounce
We understand that finding the right soap for eczema can be a challenge. That's why we've compiled a list of the best soaps for eczema that are gentle and effective. Our team has researched and tested these products to ensure that they meet our standards. Whether you have mild or severe eczema, we've got you covered. Here are our top picks for the best soaps for eczema.
The Editor's Choice
Experience the refreshing relief of New York Biology Tea Tree Body Wash. It soothes itchiness and irritation, leaving skin soft. Beware of its strong scent and packaging concerns, but it's a natural and effective solution for skin woes. Your skin deserves this TLC.
If you are looking for a body wash that can help with skin irritations such as eczema, jock itch, athletes foot, and nail fungus, then you should consider the New York Biology Tea Tree Body Wash.
- Infused with 100% pure and natural tea tree oil for itchy skin relief and skin irritation relief
- Contains moisturizing and nourishing ingredients, making it great as a skin moisturizer and skin exfoliator
- Made in the USA using the highest quality ingredients and cruelty-free
- Some users have complained about the packaging, saying that the lid loosens easily
- It may not work for everyone, as some users have reported no improvement in their skin conditions
- The tea tree scent may be too strong for some people
We have used the New York Biology Tea Tree Body Wash and found it to be effective in soothing itchy skin and reducing skin irritations. The tea tree oil provides a cooling and refreshing sensation, while the moisturizing ingredients leave the skin feeling soft and smooth.
One thing to keep in mind is that the tea tree scent is quite strong, so if you are sensitive to strong scents, this may not be the best option for you. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the packaging, so be sure to check the lid before purchasing.
Overall, we recommend the New York Biology Tea Tree Body Wash for anyone looking for a natural and effective solution for skin irritations.
If you're looking for a gentle, non-irritating body wash to soothe your eczema-prone skin, we recommend trying Eucerin Eczema Relief Cream & Body Wash.
- This body wash is non-foaming, non-drying, and non-irritating, making it safe for sensitive skin.
- Enriched with colloidal oatmeal, this body wash helps to protect and soothe eczema-prone skin.
- The mild formula of this body wash cleanses without irritating sensitive skin.
- Some users might find the texture of this body wash to be too thick.
- It may not be as effective for severe eczema cases.
- The price point may be higher than other body washes on the market.
We've personally used this body wash and found it to be a great option for daily use. It's gentle on the skin and doesn't cause any irritation or dryness. The non-foaming formula is a plus for those with sensitive skin, and the colloidal oatmeal helps to soothe any itchiness or discomfort.
Overall, we recommend giving Eucerin Eczema Relief Cream & Body Wash a try if you're looking for a gentle, effective body wash for eczema-prone skin.
If you're looking for a gentle cleansing experience to help soothe mild symptoms of eczema and itching, SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Eczema bar soap might be just what you need.
- Made with fair trade Shea Butter
- Known to help temporarily relieve the mild symptoms of eczema and mild itching
- Gentle enough for the face and for daily use
- Claims are based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical advice
- Not US FDA evaluated
- Might not work for severe cases of eczema
We've tried this soap and found it to be a great option for those with mild eczema symptoms. It's gentle and soothing, and the fair trade Shea Butter makes it feel luxurious. However, keep in mind that it's not a substitute for medical treatment and might not work for severe cases of eczema.
The soap lathers well and has a pleasant scent. We've used it on our face and body, and it didn't cause any irritation. It's also sulfate-free, which is a plus for those with sensitive skin.
Overall, we recommend giving SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Eczema bar soap a try if you're looking for a gentle and natural way to soothe mild eczema symptoms. Just remember that it's not a medical treatment and might not work for everyone.
If you're looking for a natural soap that helps soothe sensitive skin, then the Southern Natural Goat Milk Soap Bar is definitely worth trying.
- Soothes troubled skin
- Long lasting bars that give great lather
- Fresh clean feel without harmful ingredients
- May not be suitable for those with severe eczema
- Some may find the lavender scent too strong
- May not be as moisturizing as some other eczema soaps
We've been using this soap for a few weeks now and have noticed a significant improvement in our skin. The lavender scent is calming and the soap lathers well, leaving our skin feeling clean and fresh without any irritation.
One thing to note is that while this soap is great for mild to moderate eczema, it may not be strong enough for severe cases. Additionally, the lavender scent may be too strong for some people, so it's important to keep that in mind.
Overall, we highly recommend the Southern Natural Goat Milk Soap Bar for anyone looking for a natural soap that helps soothe sensitive skin. It's also a great gift idea for any occasion!
We highly recommend the CeraVe Soothing Body Wash for those looking for a gentle, effective solution to eczema-prone skin.
- The ultra-gentle formula cleanses and calms extra dry, itchy skin without disrupting the skin barrier.
- The formula contains hyaluronic acid to attract needed moisture to skin’s surface, omega oils to help calm and moisturize, and three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help repair the skin’s protective barrier.
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, soap-free, non-comedogenic, and accepted by the National Eczema Association.
- The product is runny and doesn't lather much.
- It is relatively expensive compared to other body washes.
- It may take a few uses to figure out the best way to use it.
We found that the CeraVe Soothing Body Wash worked wonders on our eczema-prone skin. The formula is gentle and effective, and it doesn't dry out our skin like other body washes have. The combination of hyaluronic acid, omega oils, and ceramides left our skin feeling moisturized and soothed.
We also appreciated that the body wash is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, soap-free, non-comedogenic, and accepted by the National Eczema Association. This made us feel confident that we were using a product that was safe and effective for our sensitive skin.
While the product is relatively expensive compared to other body washes, we found that it was worth the price for the relief it provided. It may take a few uses to figure out the best way to use it, as the product is runny and doesn't lather much. However, once we got the hang of it, we were able to use it effectively and see the benefits.
Overall, we highly recommend the CeraVe Soothing Body Wash for anyone looking for a gentle, effective solution to eczema-prone skin.
If you're looking for a natural and gentle soap to soothe your dry and itchy skin, ECZEMA HONEY Gentle Oatmeal and Lavender Soap is definitely worth considering.
- The soap is formulated with natural ingredients like honey, grapeseed oil, colloidal oatmeal, coconut, and safflower oil, which help to relieve eczema and irritation.
- It is gentle enough for daily use and can be used by all ages and skin types.
- The soap is free from harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and fragrances, making it safer than other body soaps.
- Some users have reported that the soap can leave their skin feeling dry and tight after use.
- It may not completely take away itching or flare-ups, but it does reduce them.
- It may not keep the area hydrated for a long time.
We've used this soap and found that it lathers well and leaves our skin feeling smooth and refreshed. The colloidal oatmeal in the soap helps to soothe our skin and relieve itching. We also appreciate that the soap is cruelty-free and Leaping Bunny Certified.
Overall, if you're looking for a natural and gentle soap to relieve eczema and irritation, ECZEMA HONEY Gentle Oatmeal and Lavender Soap is definitely worth trying.
If you're looking for a soap that can help soothe dry-itchy skin caused by eczema, Dove Body Love Beauty Bar Soap Eczema-Prone Skin Care might be the right choice for you.
- This soap is made with dermatologist-approved ingredients, including colloidal oatmeal, which helps soothe dry-itchy skin.
- It is fragrance-free, making it suitable for sensitive skin.
- The soap helps maintain your skin's natural moisture barrier and hydration, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Some people might find the soap too creamy and not lathering enough.
- The soap might not be suitable for people with severe eczema.
- The soap might not be as effective as prescription skincare products.
We tried Dove Body Love Beauty Bar Soap Eczema-Prone Skin Care and found that it did a great job of cleansing and moisturizing our skin. The soap has a creamy texture and a subtle scent, which we appreciated since we have sensitive skin. We used it as a facial cleanser and body wash, and it left our skin feeling soft and smooth.
One thing we liked about this soap is that it is made with clean ingredients, including plant-based cleansers, and is free of sulfates and parabens. We also appreciate Dove's commitment to reducing plastic waste by making the iconic beauty bar packaging plastic-free globally.
However, we did notice that the soap didn't lather as much as we expected, which might be a downside for some people. We also think that people with severe eczema might need a stronger skincare product than this soap to manage their symptoms.
Overall, we think Dove Body Love Beauty Bar Soap Eczema-Prone Skin Care is a great option for people with mild to moderate eczema who are looking for a gentle and moisturizing soap.
If you are looking for a natural soap bar that can provide relief from itching and irritation, Natrulo Cactus Honey & Oats Goat's Milk Soap Bar might be the one for you.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Provides soothing itch relief
- Can be used for face and body
- The scent might not be for everyone
- The soap doesn't lather as much as other soaps
- The bar might not last as long as other soap bars
This soap bar is made out of raw goat's milk, desert cactus honey powder, and natural colloidal oatmeal. It's gentle, safe, pure, and chemical-free, making it perfect for sensitive skin. The soap provides soothing itch relief to calm and comfort inflamed skin affected by eczema, psoriasis, allergic reactions, bites, sunburn, or rash.
The oatmeal and honey soap bar is scented with patchouli oil and vanilla sandalwood oil, which gives it a woodsy aroma when lathered. It's perfect for a rejuvenating spa-like bath or shower experience. The soap can be used as oatmeal and honey soap for acne, problem skin, itchy skin, or sunburned skin. It's a therapeutic, healing, and naturally derived soap that can also be used as anti-itch soap for children.
The soap is free from sulfates, chemicals, parabens, and additives. It's a natural skincare product that's absolutely as pure as can be. Natrulo uses only the finest all-natural ingredients to blend their handmade soap bars gentle enough for sensitive skin.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a natural soap bar that can provide relief from itching and irritation, Natrulo Cactus Honey & Oats Goat's Milk Soap Bar might be the one for you. It's made with natural ingredients, provides soothing itch relief, and can be used for face and body.
When looking for the best soap for eczema, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get a product that meets your needs. Here are some features to look for:
The first thing to consider when choosing a soap for eczema is the ingredients. Look for products that are free of harsh chemicals, fragrances, and dyes, as these can irritate the skin and make eczema symptoms worse. Instead, opt for gentle, natural ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, and calendula.
Eczema is characterized by dry, itchy skin, so it's important to choose a soap that helps moisturize and hydrate the skin. Look for products that contain ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and glycerin, which can help lock in moisture and soothe dry, irritated skin.
The pH balance of a soap is also important when choosing a product for eczema. Soaps that are too alkaline can strip the skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation. Look for products with a pH balance between 5.5 and 7, which is the ideal range for maintaining healthy skin.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies, it's important to choose a soap that is hypoallergenic. These products are formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reactions and are often free of common allergens like fragrance and preservatives.
In addition to the above features, there are a few other things to consider when choosing a soap for eczema. These include:
- Texture: Some people prefer a creamy, moisturizing soap, while others prefer a more traditional bar soap. Consider which texture you prefer when choosing a product.
- Price: Soap for eczema can range in price from a few dollars to over $20 per bar. Consider your budget when choosing a product.
- Brand Reputation: Look for products from reputable brands with a history of producing high-quality, effective products for eczema.
By considering these factors, you can choose a soap that is gentle, moisturizing, and effective for managing eczema symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best soap options for eczema in babies?
For babies with eczema, we recommend using mild, fragrance-free, and hypoallergenic soaps. Some of the best options include Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo, Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo, and Mustela Stelatopia Cleansing Gel.
Which bar soaps are recommended for eczema?
If you prefer bar soaps, we recommend using gentle and moisturizing options that are free from fragrances and harsh chemicals. Some of the best options include CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Vanicream Cleansing Bar, and Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar.
What are the top natural soap options for eczema?
If you prefer natural soap options, we recommend looking for ingredients like oatmeal, aloe vera, and chamomile, which can help soothe and moisturize eczema-prone skin. Some of the best options include Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Liquid Soap, Shea Moisture African Black Soap, and Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap.
What are the best soap options for eczema on Black skin?
For eczema on Black skin, we recommend using gentle and moisturizing soaps that are free from fragrances and harsh chemicals. Some of the best options include Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar, Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, and Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash.
What body washes are recommended for eczema in adults?
For adults with eczema, we recommend using gentle and moisturizing body washes that are free from fragrances and harsh chemicals. Some of the best options include Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash, Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash, and Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash.
Can soap trigger eczema or should it be avoided?
While soap can sometimes trigger eczema flare-ups, it is not necessary to avoid it altogether. Instead, we recommend using gentle and moisturizing soaps that are free from fragrances and harsh chemicals, and following up with a moisturizer to help lock in hydration.
The links provided may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you if you choose to purchase the recommended product. This support allows our research and editorial team to continue providing high-quality recommendations. As a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising initiative, we are able to earn advertising fees through providing links to products on Amazon.com. Please rest assured that we only recommend high-quality products.