Eczema is a skin condition that produces an itchy rash. It is caused by a genetic condition that affects the skin's ability to protect itself from bacteria and allergens.
Questions Your Doctor May Ask to Diagnose
- Any fever today or during the last week?
- Is your skin change constant or come-and-go?
- How long have your skin changes been going on?
- Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Does the rash have a clearly defined border?