3 Possible Cheese - Like Vaginal Odor Causes
The list below shows results from the use of our quiz by Buoy users who experienced cheese-like vaginal odor. This list does not constitute medical advice and may not accurately represent what you have.
1.Normal Case of Vaginal Discharge
Vaginal discharge is a common issue many women experience and is likely nothing to worry about. Your vaginal discharge can change depending on your menstrual cycle. Recent initiation or a change in contraceptives can also cause a temporary change in discharge.
A few days
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal discharge, mild vaginal discharge, white/gray vaginal discharge, clear vaginal discharge, severe vaginal discharge
- Symptoms that always occur with normal case of vaginal discharge:
- vaginal discharge
- Symptoms that never occur with normal case of vaginal discharge:
- vaginal itch or burning, painful urination, severe vaginal discharge, vaginal pain, abdominal pain (stomach ache), bleeding after sex, missed period, vulvovaginal odor
- Wait and watch
Cheese - Like Vaginal Odor Symptom Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having cheese-like vaginal odor.Take Quiz
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an infection caused when too much of certain bacteria change the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina. BV is not a sexually transmitted infection and is not caused by poor hygiene (in fact, excessive washing of the vagina may increase the risk). Its symptoms are usually mild, consisting primarily of a white-gray vaginal discharge that has a fishy smell.
5-7 days antibiotic treatment. May resolve on its own.
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal itch or burning, vulvovaginal odor, bloody vaginal discharge, white/gray vaginal discharge, thick vaginal discharge
- Primary care doctor
Yeast infections are caused by a fungus called "Candida." Candida is the scientific name for yeast that lives almost everywhere, including in the human body. Typically, our immune system keeps it under control, but if you take antibiotics or gets sick, the fungus can multiply and cause an infection. In this case, it is happening in the vagina.
50% of women have relapses within 2 months, and 9% have more than 4 episodes per year. For those, maintenance therapy is possible.
- Top Symptoms:
- vaginal itch or burning, white/gray vaginal discharge, thick vaginal discharge, vaginal pain, vulvovaginal redness
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Cheese - Like Vaginal Odor
- Q.Are you sexually active?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Do you feel pain when you urinate?
- Q.When was your last menstrual period?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our cheese-like vaginal odor symptom checker to find out more.Take Quiz
Cheese - Like Vaginal Odor Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced cheese-like vaginal odor have also experienced:
- 29% Vaginal Discharge
- 16% Foul - Smelling Vaginal Odor
- 13% Yellow Pus Vaginal Discharge
People who have experienced cheese-like vaginal odor were most often matched with:
- 75% Bacterial Vaginosis
- 25% Yeast Infection
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).