2 Potential Coughing With a Whooping Sound Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes, the airways that carry air to your lungs. It causes a cough that often brings up mucus, as well as shortness of breath, wheezing, and chest tightness. It is typically caused by a virus.
Symptoms resolve within 1-2 weeks.
- Top Symptoms:
- cough, productive cough, sore throat, wheezing, coughing up green or yellow phlegm
- Symptoms that always occur with bronchitis:
- Symptoms that never occur with bronchitis:
- nausea or vomiting
Coughing With a Whooping Sound Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having coughing with a whooping sound.Take a quiz
Whooping cough is a highly infectious bacterial disease that causes uncontrollable coughing. The name comes from the noise people make when they take a breath after a cough. It causes 12-33% of all chronic coughs in adults and adolescents, even if they're vaccinated.
Symptoms of cough can last up to 6 weeks.
- Top Symptoms:
- cough with dry or watery sputum, productive cough, fever, wheezing, coughing fits
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Coughing With a Whooping Sound
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Are you experiencing a headache?
- Q.Do you have a sore throat?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our coughing with a whooping sound symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Coughing With a Whooping Sound Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced coughing with a whooping sound have also experienced:
- 6% Sore Throat
- 6% Congestion
- 4% Productive Cough
People who have experienced coughing with a whooping sound had symptoms persist for:
- 32% Less Than a Week
- 23% Two Weeks to a Month
- 17% Over a Month
People who have experienced coughing with a whooping sound were most often matched with:
- 25% Bronchitis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).