2 Potential Cracks in or Between the Toes Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
Athlete's foot is a common fungal infection of the feet and/or toes. Warm, moist environments and community showering are common causes of this type of infection.
With treatment, athlete's foot should go away in about 2 weeks. However, it often comes back, especially if the same shower or bathroom are used.
- Top Symptoms:
- foot redness, foot/toe itch, foot skin changes, spontaneous foot pain, peeling between the toes
- Symptoms that always occur with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
- foot redness
- Symptoms that never occur with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
- toe injury
Cracks in or Between the Toes Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having cracks in or between the toes.Take a quiz
2.Skin Infection (Cellulitis)
Cellulitis is a common and possibly dangerous skin infection if left untreated. It is typically caused by bacteria living on the skin getting into the skin itself.
5 days with treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- moderate fever, painful rash, red rash, feeling confused and not making sense while talking, abnormally high heartrate
- Symptoms that always occur with skin infection (cellulitis):
- red rash, painful rash
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Cracks in or Between the Toes
- Q.Do you have a rash?
- Q.Did you suffer a sudden, physical injury to your toe(s)?
- Q.Did your symptoms start after you were exposed to glues, fragrances, preservatives, hair dyes, soaps, detergents, or other common household chemicals?
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our cracks in or between the toes symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Cracks in or Between the Toes Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced cracks in or between the toes have also experienced:
- 16% Pain Between the 2nd and 3rd Toe
- 10% Dry Skin
- 6% Toe Pain
People who have experienced cracks in or between the toes were most often matched with:
- 13% Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).