2 Potential Pain in One Hamstring Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
A strain, commonly called a "pulled muscle," is when a muscle becomes overstretched and tears. A hamstring strain happens when one of the muscles on the back of the upper leg (thigh) is pulled.
Most low grade strains should recover within 1 week.
- Top Symptoms:
- spontaneous back pain, pain in the back of the knee, hamstring tightness, sports injury, hamstring pain
- Symptoms that always occur with hamstring strain:
- hamstring pain
- Symptoms that never occur with hamstring strain:
- groin pain, hip pain, pain in the outside of the hip, difficulty moving the hip
Pain in One Hamstring Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having pain in one hamstring.Take a quiz
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises.
Bruises will begin to heal over the course of a week
- Top Symptoms:
- hamstring pain from an injury, hamstring injury, pain in one hamstring, hamstring swelling, hamstring bruise
- Symptoms that always occur with hamstring bruise:
- hamstring injury, hamstring pain from an injury
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Pain in One Hamstring
- Q.Do your symptoms get worse when you exercise?
- Q.Do you run for exercise or sport?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
- Q.What is your body mass?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our pain in one hamstring symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Pain in One Hamstring Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring have also experienced:
- 13% Lower Back Pain
- 8% Pain in One Hip
- 3% Spontaneous Butt Pain
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring had symptoms persist for:
- 33% Over a Month
- 26% Less Than a Week
- 22% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring were most often matched with:
- 4% Hamstring Bruise
- 1% Hamstring Strain
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).