- Your Pain in One Hamstring May Also be Known as:
- Aches and pains in my left hamstring
- Aches and pains in my one hamstring
- Aches and pains in my right hamstring
- Left hamstring ache
- Left hamstring discomfort
- Left hamstring hurts
- Left hamstring pain
- Left hamstring soreness
- One hamstring ache
- One hamstring discomfort
Top 2 Pain in One Hamstring Causes
A strain, commonly called a "pulled muscle," is when a muscle becomes overstretched and tears. A hamstring strain happens when one of the muscles on the back of the upper leg (thigh) is pulled.
You can safely treat this condition on your own. A muscle strain can be treated with rest, ice, compression, and pain killers.
- Top Symptoms:
- spontaneous back pain, hamstring tightness, sports injury, pain in the back of the knee, hamstring pain
- Symptoms that always occur with hamstring strain:
- hamstring pain
- Symptoms that never occur with hamstring strain:
- groin pain, hip pain, pain in the outside of the hip, difficulty moving the hip
Pain in One Hamstring Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having pain in one hamstring.Take a quiz
A bruise is the damage of the blood vessels that return blood to the heart (the capillaries and veins), which causes pooling of the blood. This explains the blue/purple color of most bruises.
You can treat this at home with R.I.C.E - rest (exercise as tolerated), ice (10-20 minutes at a time), compression (this is pretty optional), and elevation (put your feet up to help blood flow back to the heart using gravity).
- Top Symptoms:
- hamstring pain from an injury, hamstring injury, pain in one hamstring, hamstring swelling
- Symptoms that always occur with hamstring bruise:
- hamstring injury, hamstring pain from an injury
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Pain in One Hamstring
- Q.Is your upper leg pain getting better or worse?
- Q.How long has your upper leg pain been going on?
- Q.How severe is your upper leg pain?
- Q.Is your upper leg pain constant or come-and-go?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our pain in one hamstring symptom checker.Take a quiz
Pain in One Hamstring Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring have also experienced:
- 15% Pain in One Shoulder
- 10% Dry Cough
- 10% Throat Clearing
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring had symptoms persist for:
- 32% Over a Month
- 27% Less Than a Week
- 24% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced pain in one hamstring were most often matched with:
- 5% Hamstring Bruise