A.I. Health Assistant Causes for Pain Over the Adam's Apple
The list below shows results from the use of our A.I. Health Assistant by Buoy users who experienced pain over the adam's apple. This list does not constitute medical advice.
Acute thyroiditis is a rare inflammation of the thyroid gland caused by an infection, radiation, medication, or trauma.
2 weeks - 2 months with treatment
- Ultra rare
- Top Symptoms:
- sore throat, fever, being severely ill, hoarse voice, pain in the front of the neck
- Symptoms that always occur with acute thyroiditis:
- pain in the front of the neck
- Hospital emergency room
Pain Over the Adam's Apple Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having pain over the adam's apple.Take Quiz
2.Inflammation of the Epiglottis
Epiglottitis is inflammation of the epiglottis, tissue that covers the trachea (windpipe), which helps prevent coughing or choking after swallowing. It is usually caused by the bacteria H. Influenzae but can also be caused by other bacteria or viruses that cause upper respiratory infections.
Few hours to days
- Top Symptoms:
- being severely ill, shortness of breath, fever, sore throat, pain with swallowing
- Symptoms that never occur with inflammation of the epiglottis:
- Emergency medical service
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Pain Over the Adam's Apple
- Q.Do you notice your heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly (also called palpitations)?
- Q.Have you ever been told you have a heart valve problem?
- Q.Have there been changes in your voice?
- Q.Have you ever had a heart attack?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our pain over the adam's apple symptom checker to find out more.Take Quiz
Pain Over the Adam's Apple Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced pain over the adam's apple have also experienced:
- 18% Sore Throat
- 9% Pain With Swallowing
- 7% Hoarse Voice
People who have experienced pain over the adam's apple had symptoms persist for:
- 37% Less Than a Week
- 26% Less Than a Day
- 18% Over a Month
People who have experienced pain over the adam's apple were most often matched with:
- 53% Inflammation of the Epiglottis
- 46% Acute Thyroiditis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).