2 Potential Shoulder Pain That Gets Worse With Movement Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder)
Adhesive Capsulitis or "Frozen shoulder" is when the shoulder is painful and loses motion because of inflammation.
1.5 - 3 years, but 90% recover fully without treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- spontaneous shoulder pain, stiff shoulder, dull, achy shoulder pain, shoulder pain that gets worse at night, difficulty moving the shoulder
- Symptoms that always occur with frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder):
- stiff shoulder
- Primary care doctor
Shoulder Pain That Gets Worse With Movement Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having shoulder pain that gets worse with movement.Take a quiz
The clavicle is the collar bone. Clavicle fractures are often caused by a direct blow to the shoulder, for example during a fall onto the shoulder, a car collision, or a fall onto an outstretched arm. This fracture is an extremely common bone fracture in people of all ages.
May take several months to heal.
- Top Symptoms:
- constant shoulder pain, pain in one shoulder, arm weakness, shoulder pain from an injury, collarbone pain
- Symptoms that always occur with broken collarbone:
- collarbone pain, shoulder pain that gets worse with movement, difficulty moving the shoulder, collarbone bulge, constant shoulder pain
- Hospital emergency room
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Shoulder Pain That Gets Worse With Movement
- Q.Can you fully move your shoulders around?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
- Q.Where exactly is your shoulder pain?
- Q.Did you just suffer from a high impact injury (e.g., a fall, collision, accident or sports trauma)?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our shoulder pain that gets worse with movement symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Shoulder Pain That Gets Worse With Movement Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced shoulder pain that gets worse with movement have also experienced:
- 36% Pain in One Shoulder
- 6% Shoulder Pain
- 4% Pain in the Front of the Shoulder
People who have experienced shoulder pain that gets worse with movement had symptoms persist for:
- 36% Over a Month
- 23% Less Than a Week
- 19% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced shoulder pain that gets worse with movement were most often matched with:
- 10% Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder)
- 1% Broken Collarbone
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).