- Your Sticky Eyelids in the Morning May Also be Known as:
- Eye crusty in the morning
- Eye sticky in the morning
- Wake up with crusty eye
- Wake up with sticky eye
Top 2 Sticky Eyelids in the Morning Causes
1.Inflamed Eyelid (Blepharitis)
Blepharitis is an eyelid issue where the skin, lashes, or glands become inflamed from an irritant or infection.
You should use an eyelid scrub and warm compresses. It's important to keep your eyelids clean going forward.
- Top Symptoms:
- sensitivity to light, eye itch, eye redness, dry eyes, feeling of something in the eye
- Symptoms that never occur with inflamed eyelid (blepharitis):
- severe eye pain
Sticky Eyelids in the Morning Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having sticky eyelids in the morning.Take a quiz
Bacterial conjunctivitis is one of the most common eye problems. It occurs from an infection of the whites of the eye.
You should visit your primary care physician or an urgent care clinic within the next 24 hours. The physician will examine the eye. Often, antibiotic eye-drops are prescribed.
- Top Symptoms:
- sore throat, eye redness, eye itch, eye redness, watery eye discharge
- Symptoms that always occur with bacterial conjunctivitis:
- eye redness
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Sticky Eyelids in the Morning
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you been around anyone with the same symptoms, possibly exposing yourself to an infection?
- Q.Do you feel like there is something in your eye?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our sticky eyelids in the morning symptom checker.Take a quiz
Sticky Eyelids in the Morning Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced sticky eyelids in the morning have also experienced:
- 8% Cough
- 7% Sore Throat
- 7% Congestion
People who have experienced sticky eyelids in the morning were most often matched with:
- 30% Inflamed Eyelid (Blepharitis)
- 3% Bacterial Conjunctivitis
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).