2 Possible Swelling of Both Arms Causes
The list below shows results from the use of our quiz by Buoy users who experienced swelling of both arms. This list does not constitute medical advice and may not accurately represent what you have.
1.Repetitive Strain Injury of the Upper Arm
Repetitive strain injury of the upper arm is caused by consistent repetitive use.
Resolves with rest
- Top Symptoms:
- upper arm pain from overuse, upper arm weakness, upper arm numbness
- Symptoms that always occur with repetitive strain injury of the upper arm:
- upper arm pain from overuse
- Symptoms that never occur with repetitive strain injury of the upper arm:
- upper arm injury, severe upper arm pain
Swelling of Both Arms Symptom Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having swelling of both arms.Take Quiz
Rhabdomyolysis is a syndrome most commonly resulting from muscle injury following extreme exertion such as endurance exercise or weight lifting or following a severe accident. Sometimes rhabdomyolysis may result from medications - most commonly medications to treat elevated cholesterol such as statins. Severity can range from mild to life threatening kidney disease from muscle enzymes entering the circulation.
Most patients recover in a few days but occasionally will need prolonged hospital care if the kidneys are injured.
- Top Symptoms:
- fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, being severely ill, change in urine color
- Emergency medical service
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Swelling of Both Arms
- Q.Did you just suffer from a high impact injury (e.g., a fall, collision, accident or sports trauma)?
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Does your calf feel very tense?
- Q.Are you short for your age?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our swelling of both arms symptom checker to find out more.Take Quiz
Swelling of Both Arms Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced swelling of both arms have also experienced:
- 4% Pain in the Upper Arm
- 3% Weakness in Both Upper Arms
- 3% Muscle Aches
People who have experienced swelling of both arms had symptoms persist for:
- 32% Less Than a Week
- 26% Less Than a Day
- 25% Over a Month
People who have experienced swelling of both arms were most often matched with:
- 87% Rhabdomyolysis
- 12% Repetitive Strain Injury of the Upper Arm
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).