2 Potential Vomiting With Streaks of Blood Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Normal Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
A bloody nose can be caused by a host of things, but is often idiopathic (without cause).
- Top Symptoms:
- bloody nose, vomiting with streaks of blood
- Symptoms that always occur with normal nosebleed (epistaxis):
- bloody nose
- Symptoms that never occur with normal nosebleed (epistaxis):
- severe nosebleed, nausea or vomiting
Vomiting With Streaks of Blood Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having vomiting with streaks of blood.Take a quiz
2.Foreign Body Aspiration
Foreign body aspiration can be a life-threatening emergency. An aspirated solid or semisolid object may lodge in the larynx or trachea. If the object is large enough to cause nearly complete obstruction of the airway, asphyxia may rapidly cause death.
Resolves as soon as treatment is provided
- Top Symptoms:
- cough, fever, shortness of breath, cough with dry or watery sputum, wheezing
- Symptoms that always occur with foreign body aspiration:
- swallowing of something potentially harmful
- Emergency medical service
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Vomiting With Streaks of Blood
- Q.Any fever today or during the last week?
- Q.Have you lost your appetite recently?
- Q.Have you been feeling more tired than usual, lethargic or fatigued despite sleeping a normal amount?
- Q.Do you currently smoke?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our vomiting with streaks of blood symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Vomiting With Streaks of Blood Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced vomiting with streaks of blood have also experienced:
- 11% Abdominal Pain (Stomach Ache)
- 7% Vomiting
- 7% Nausea
People who have experienced vomiting with streaks of blood had symptoms persist for:
- 69% Less Than a Day
- 18% Less Than a Week
- 5% Over a Month
People who have experienced vomiting with streaks of blood were most often matched with:
- 1% Foreign Body Aspiration
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).