GERD Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Most milder cases (once or twice a week) of acid reflux or heartburn can be treated at home.
- Try diet changes and OTC antacids
When you may need a provider
- Acid reflux or heartburn more than twice a week
- Moderate to severe symptoms
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy
- Black tarry stool
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.