Skip to main content

Age-Related Hearing Loss Treatment Overview

Find the right care and learn about different treatments.
Reviewed by Buoy's medical team
Learn how we choose treatments

Care Plan


First steps to consider

  • Very minimal hearing loss can be managed at home.
  • Try to avoid loud noise exposure and conversations in settings with a lot of background noise (like a busy restaurant).

When you may need a provider

  • Anyone who has noticeable hearing loss should consider seeing a hearing specialist for a baseline hearing test and to confirm that hearing loss is from age-related changes.
  • Testing requires an in-person visit.

Emergency Care

Arrow Icon.

Go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:

  • The degree of your hearing loss suddenly changes.
  • There is a change in your hearing along with neurologic symptoms (mental status changes, confusion, delirium, muscle weakness).

The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.

Stethoscope Inside Circle.


All treatments for age-related hearing loss
Meet Buoy's physicians and clinicians
Every treatment shown on this site is evaluated by our medical team and must pass Buoy's clinical review.
Learn how we choose treatments
FAQ Icon.


Frequently asked questions