Bulging Disc Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Mild to moderate symptoms—like back pain, some leg pain, and numbness and tingling in your leg—can often be treated at home.
- Try changing your activities, resting, and taking ibuprofen (Advil) for 1–2 weeks.
When you may need a provider
- Severe back pain that does not start to get better after a few days of bed rest and NSAIDs.
- Symptoms don't improve after 6–8 weeks.
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Difficulty walking
- Numbness around your inner thighs
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.