Calf Strain Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Calf strains can usually be treated at home.
- Rest, ice and heat, ibuprofen (Advil), and gentle stretching can help your pain.
When you may need a provider
- You heard a tearing or popping when you were injured.
- You can’t walk because of the pain.
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Swelling in your calf increases
- Pain is unbearable
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.