Folliculitis Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Can often be treated at home with acne cleansers and OTC medicated cream
When you may need a provider
- Folliculitis is not starting to improve after 2 weeks
- It is spreading (you have new bumps every few days), or some spots are very painful
- Folliculitis developed after being in a hot tub.
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever and rash
- Spreading redness around any of the folliculitis lesions
- Severe pain
- Body aches or chill
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.