Ingrown Toenail Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- An ingrown toenail can usually be treated at home.
- Soak the toenail in warm soapy water, and apply an OTC antibiotic ointment to the toe.
When you may need a provider
- You have redness, swelling, or discharge from the toe.
- It hasn’t improved with about 5 days of home treatments.
Go to the ER or call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- The redness is moving up the foot.
- Fever, chills, feeling sick
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.