Knee Meniscal Tears Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Most knee meniscal tears can be treated at home.
- OTC pain relievers, lifestyle changes, and at-home strategies can reduce pain and swelling.
When you may need a provider
- Your symptoms don’t get better within 3–6 weeks of home care.
- The pain is severe, or you can’t put weight on the leg or move the knee without pain.
Go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Your leg feels warm, tender, and painful.
- Your leg is locked in a bent position and you can’t straighten it.
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.