Lactose Intolerance Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- You can usually treat lactose intolerance at home.
- Eating lactose-free dairy products or taking lactase pills (Lactaid) when having dairy products can prevent symptoms.
- Make sure you choose foods with the key nutrients that are found in dairy products like calcium and vitamin D.
When you may need a provider
- You suddenly notice a problem with dairy foods.
- Your lactose intolerance is related to other illnesses like Crohn’s.
Go to the ER or call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe vomiting or bloody diarrhea
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.