Migraine Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- You can treat occasional migraines with at-home care.
- Try OTC pain medications or prescription migraine medications that have been prescribed for you.
- Avoid known triggers and try to rest.
When you may need a provider
- Migraines occur more than about 8 days a month, or they interfere with your quality of life.
- You have bad headaches but have never been diagnosed.
- Your migraine medications aren’t helping or a migraine lasts more than about 3 days.
Go to the ER or call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Worst headache of your life
- Neck stiffness
- Recent head injury
- More than one episode of vomiting
- Loss of vision
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.