Monkeypox Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- See a healthcare provider if you think you have monkeypox. Testing is recommended to help prevent spreading the disease.
- OTC pain medications, rest, and drinking plenty of fluids can often help relieve mild symptoms, like flu-like symptoms and a small rash.
- Isolate at home to prevent spread of the virus.
When you may need a provider
- If you have moderate to severe symptoms, including severe pain or large rashes.
- It is best to have an in-person visit to get the rash looked at, especially if testing is recommended.
Go to the ER or call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Severe chest pain
- Severe shortness of breath
- Extremely severe headache
- Stiff neck
- A lot of vomiting or you can’t keep fluids down due to vomiting
- New area of hot, red, or swollen skin
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.