Coronavirus Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Mild to moderate COVID symptoms can be treated at home.
- OTC medications like decongestants and pain relievers can help a stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, and body aches.
- Take fever reducers like acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil).
When you may need a provider
- Your symptoms are severe, especially if you’re unvaccinated.
- You have a high risk of developing severe COVID, including being 65 or older, or having health conditions like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or obesity.
- Your symptoms are mild to moderate symptoms and have worsened after 3 days of home treatment.
Go to the ER or call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Bluish lips or face
- Trouble staying awake
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.